Commons:WLX Jury Tool
You can access it at http://jury.wikilovesearth.org.ua/
It is developed in Ukraine by Ilya. If you want to use it for your contest, please email to infowikimedia.org.ua (or wle-teamwikimedia.org.ua).
Levels of access
- administrator (create campaigns, rounds, give access to others etc) - at least one prerson from the organizing team
- organizer (can see the results of the jury selection, comments etc)
- juror (can rate pictures, reject them, add comments etc)
How to use
On gallery page jurors or organizers can browse the images, see the rating or selection status of each image, open large image view page.
Images can be filtered by their status - unrated, and selected or rejected in selection rounds or rated in rating rounds.
In rating rounds images are sorted by their rating.
Organizers can see the votes of each juror separately or the overall rating of all jurors together.
Large image view
In large image view there is vertical ribbon of image thumbnails on the left and large currently viewed image on the right.
User can go backward or forward with navigation buttons or arrow keys on the keyboard, or can click the thumbnails in the ribbon.
Juror can select (Green button or <Space> key), reject (Red button or <Delete> key) or rate the currently viewed image.
Juror can also comment the image and see other jurors comments.
Organizers can see the ratings and comments given by all jurors to the image.
From large image view one can return to gallery view (Gallery button or <Esc> key), visit image page on commons by clicking the large image, or open full resolution version of the image. Caption of the full resolution image version link shows image resolution.
Organizer view allows to see all votes and statistics, but does not allow to configure anything
- Scala, Play 2.6, Bootstrap 3, ScalikeJdbc
- Open source at https://github.com/intracer/wlxjury
Detailed features description
|List users in a contest||admin|
|Add, edit, remove users in a contest||admin|
|Add, edit, rounds in a contest||admin|
|Add images to a contest database||admin|
|Append new images to existing list of images in a contest database||admin|
|Distribute images in a round among jurors||admin|
|Distribute new (not distributed among jurors) images in a round among jurors||admin|
|Distribute images to newly added jurors||admin|
|Give all images in a round to all jurors||admin|
|Divide images in a round in equal part and give each juror his part||admin|
Usage and development history
- Wiki Loves Earth 2013 in Ukraine - no jury tool was used, but the need was very clear
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Ukraine - the team tried international jury tool (wlmpa), but the ui was not comfortable, there were problems and delays with configuring, and it did not support features like distributing images among jury members. So the first version of WLX tool was written (10.14.2013 - large and gallery modes, select/reject rounds)
- Wiki Loves Earth 2014 in Ukraine, Nepal, Ghana, International jury
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 in Ukraine, Czech Republic
- Wiki Loves Earth 2015 used by 16 countries
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 - used by 18 countries
- Used by smaller number of countries starting from year 2016, due to highly advertised Montage and stability/performance issues and lack of features in admin UI in WLX at that time
- Used for Wiki Loves Earth (international level), Wiki Loves Earth in Ukraine and Wiki Loves Monuments in Ukraine