Commons:WikiProject Permission requests
Files tagged with Template:No permission since
We have E-mail receiving volunteers at COM:OTRS but do we have E-mail writing volunteers ?
Writing E-mails is not something I enjoy doing, so I would be glad if someone could send an E-mail to artist user:Maccallum and explain what he can do to increase the probability that his file is kept. The best would be to confirm that the picture was taken at the Southampton bargate or to provide a different photo from the Bargate exhibition, so that the picture would be in scope as a piece of information about the Bargate, leaving open the question about the in-scope-ness of an artwork from an artist who has no Wikipedia article yet. A confirmation of the exact title of the artwork ("Brick s" ?) would not be bad either. Or provide a picture for en:Artparks Sculpture Park where an artist with the same name is mentioned. Teofilo (talk) 19:03, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Not done Unfortunately, Maccallum (talk · contribs) does not have Special:EmailUser enabled, so an email cannot be sent. Xe also has no global contribs.  Mikemoral♪♫ 04:07, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
Pending permission requests
I have been attempting to update the Human Rights Foundation's logo (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Rights_Foundation) on their wikipedia page to the following image. http://humanrightsfoundation.org/uploads/HRF_Logo_-_Flame_only_%28gray%29.jpg. I have an email from the HRF stating the following:
On May 13, 2014 at 8:32:04 AM, S.E. Parker (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
Thank you for your call yesterday. You have the Human Rights Foundation's permission to use the new logo to update the Wikipedia entry about our organization.
Sarah Parker _______________ S.E. Parker Senior Program Director, Human Rights Foundation email@example.com +1 212 246 8486 Empire State Building, #4515 New York, NY 10118 http://www.humanrightsfoundation.org
Is this sufficient permission to change the photo, and, if so, how do I go about properly updating the photo? I apologize if this is the wrong platform to ask this question - I am having trouble comprehending the rules and regulations for uploading photos to wikipedia, but would really appreciate some help!Comatmebro (talk) 22:47, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
Russian Video Game Rating
am i allowed to upload this? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1yArWKteq0ycDgwNWFYdEtsX2M/edit
Messier 87 Radio Lobes Image
- This image of galaxy M87 is important because currently wiki article has only textual description of the radio lobes and readers will benefit from the presence of an image, given that M87 is a radio galaxy and so radio lobe thing is an important topic. Also, no other image is available, all authors reuse this image.
- I contacted the original author (Dr. Frazer Owen, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and he replied that it can be used as it is not copyrighted.
Major photo request petition
There is a major petition on Russian Wikipedia (ru:Википедия:Петиция к ТАСС и РИА Новости) requesting some very much needed photos to be under free licences. I have so far been unable to contact RIA Novosti and TASS (phone doesn't work, emails and tweets have been unanswered) but they have donated us images in the past. I would be much appreciated if somebody could help get the word to RIAN and TASS and (and mil.ru, since TASS and RIAN often give them freely licenced images). There is currently a huge shortage of freely licenced Soviet era photos, and I hope OTRS can help with this.--PlanespotterA320 (talk) 00:51, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
Photo of Congressman Carter Manasco
A Photo of Carter Manasco (January 3, 1902 – February 5, 1992) would be useful. Particularly in filling out this list at US House Committee on Oversight and Reform#Chair .
One image is directly found in these places:
and are found from:
The following page lists three email addresses and a phone number for usage requests 
Just for completeness sake, there are also two group photos with Representative Carter Manasco (D-AL) in the Truman Library:
- https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/photograph-records/58-337 His face, in the upper right most corner, is classic "Are you taking the picture now?"
Copyright, Restrictions, and Permissions Notice
· Generally, materials produced by Federal agencies are in the public domain and may be reproduced without permission. However, not all materials appearing on this Web site are in the public domain. Some materials have been donated or obtained from individuals or organizations and may be subject to restrictions on use.
· You may consult our reference staff for details on specific items. We are aware of donor restrictions applicable to our collections, but we can not confirm copyright status for any item. We recommend that you contact the United States Copyright Office at The Library of Congress to search currently copyrighted materials.
English Translation of the 1984 German excavation report: Hauser in Pompeji: Casa del Principe di Napoli Volume 1
I requested permission from the editor of this text Professor Volker Michael Strocka to translate the text and make the resulting English translation freely available on the web. Professor Strocka granted permission in an email to me dated February 5, 2020. I also contacted the original publisher, the German Archaeological Institute, to be sure they did not claim any kind of copyright and they confirmed to me in an email dated 2/4/2020 that sole copyright was held by the editor Volker Michael Strocka. Meanwhile, one of Italian Wikipedia's directors asked me if I could save the translation in epub format and upload it to Wikisource. Are there any other permissions needed? Professor Strocka's email address is: email@example.com. I can forward copies of the permissions emails I received to whichever email address you wish. I have been a contributor to Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons since 2007, but I have never submitted anything to Wikisource before. Mharrsch (talk) 17:40, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
Requesting an image for a photog's article
For Loudes Grobet I request help in obtaining permission from the copyright holder (Lourdes Grobet) to use one of her "lucha libre" photographs to illustrate her article. She can be reached via her website here. If anyone knows how to do that, and can please do it? Thank you!!! --Soydeaguadilla (talk) 20:06, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
Permission for a Photograph
Hallo, ich bitte um Erlaubnis zur Veröffentlichung des Fotos "Siegbert Kardach" in seinem Artikel Siegbert Kardach, an dem ich auch mitgearbeitet habe. Die Erlaubnis von Siegbert Kardach und des Fotografen liegt vor. Mit Dank und Gruß Wikswat Wikswat (talk) 16:32, 6 September 2020 (UTC)