Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2013
Wiki Loves Earth 2013 was a new photo contest initiated and held by Wikimedia Ukraine. Its goal was to collect pictures of natural heritage sites and landscape and ornamental gardening objects for illustrating articles in the worldwide free Internet encyclopedia Wikipedia.
The contest itself was launched on 15 April and finished on 15 May.
- number of participants - 365;
- number of illustrations uploaded to Wikimedia Commons - 11736;
- number of natural monuments pictured - 1104
- number of publications - 170;
- number of newly registered editors - 248 (68% among all participants), who took 4727 images (40%) of 655 distinct natural monuments (60%). 376 distinct natural monuments (34%) were photographed only by newly registered editors.
Best photos (Top 12)
1st place — Katya Krasnickaja, Dawn on Ai-Petri Mountain, Crimea
2nd place — Сергій Криниця (Haidamac), Dniester Canyon national nature park, Zalischyky, Ternopil Oblast
3rd place — Balkhovitin, Upper Cretaceous rock exposure (geological natural monument), Kramatorsk, Donetsk Oblast
4th place - Balkhovitin, Zuivskyi regional landscape park, Donetsk Oblast
5th place - Balkhovitin, Kamyani Mohyly (literally: "stone tombs") nature preserve, Donetsk Oblast
6th place - Ihor Dereviahin, Obrucheva mud volcano (geological natural monument), Crimea
7th place - Balkhovitin, Khapkhalskyi hydrological nature reserve (zakaznik), Crimea
8th place - Slava Leontiev, Töpe Oba Massif botanical nature reserve (zakaznik), Crimea
9th place - Ihor Dereviahin, Tykha Bukhta regional landscape park, Crimea
10th place - Serhiy Krynytsia (Haidamac), Lake Vorozheske (hydrological natural monument), Svydovets mountain range of the Ukrainian Carpathians
11th place - Mykhailo Petskovych, Bily slon (English: White Elephant), the building on the peak of Pop Ivan (former Polish Astronomical and Meteorological Observatory), Carpathian Biosphere Reserve, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast
12th place - Serhiy Krynytsia (Haidamac), Zelenyj island in Korsun-Shevchenkivskyi, Cherkasy Oblast
The participants that have uploaded the most pictures of different monuments were awarded as well:
- Haidamac (Cherkasy) — 262 objects;
- Denis Vitchenko (Kharkiv) — 161 objects;
- Kiyanka (Kiev) — 110 objects;
- RBohdan (Lviv) — 86 objects;
- Revontulet (Kiev) — 64 objects.
- Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2014 (next edition)
- Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2013
- Commons:Wiki Loves Public Art 2013