Wiki Loves Earth in Nepal
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the World through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons).
Wikimedia Nepal has started Wiki Loves Earth competition from 2014 and around 3650+ plus pictures have been uploaded under creative commons license through this event. Everyone, be it a newbie or expert photograher can participate.
Join us contribute free-licensed photographs of natural heritages in Nepal.
- Wiki Loves Earth Nepal Team
- Nirmal Dulal - Coordinator
- Mohan K. Duwal
- Anil Simkhada
- Indra Rai
- Bijay K Shrestha
- Sudan Shrestha
- Help Us
- Tell your friends
- Share on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc) using Our social media hashtags :#WLENepal #WLE2015
- Write a blog post about us
- Take part in the competition
- Support us with cameras to take photos, internet or space to upload photos
- Invite us the national park or natural heritage site you manage
- Send us a message OR join us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start date: 1st May 2015
- End date : 30th June 2015
- Decision of Competition: end of June 2015
Cash prizes will be awarded to Best Three Photographs.
- First Prize : NRs 20,000
- Second Prize : NRs 15,000
- Third Prize : NRs 10,000
Top 10 contributors (by number of photographs) will be rewarded with WLE T-shirt and certificate of Participation.
Please join our facebook page and twitter page for updates and other news. For any queries regarding the competition and technical support please contact at nepaliwikigooglegroups.com
Detailed information about the competition can be found at out official pages linked below:
|Official Google+ |
|images uploaded in the entire contest period in May-June 2015.
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within June 2015, to be eligible
All photos must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
Participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact
- How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Nepali natural heritage site
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #WLENepal #WLE2015.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
Photos to Upload
- Any Nepali Natural Heritage Site, some below
- Davis Falls
- Hyatung Falls
- Panch Pokhari
- Rupse Waterfall
- Phugadh Waterfall
- Pachachhahari Waterfall
- Pachal Waterfall
- Pokali Waterfall
- Purandhara Waterfall
- Dhage Waterfall
- Natural areas and Places
- Main Rivers
- All Animals, Plants and Flowers Within Nature.
- Note: More with Detail.....