Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Australia
|Wiki Loves Earth 2018 Australia is a photo contest about protected natural areas, within areas in Australia. Images must be licensed under free licenses, see COM:Licensing.
The event is supported by .
Do you have pictures of National Parks, Bushland forever sites, maybe Marine Parks stored on your computer since your last trip? This is a great opportunity to give them a second life in this Wiki Loves Earth contest. In addition to being seen by everyone, your pictures could be included in Wikipedia and contribute to the knowledge of Australia's natural beauty. Freely licensed photos collected through Wikipedia Loves Earth may also be reused elsewhere than in Wikipedia.
Photos may have been taken at any time. The key criteria to be eligible for the contest are that they are to be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons in May 2018... and that they have been taken by you, of course!
There is no minimum age to participate, and there is no participation fee. Besides WLE being a competition, it is first a fun activity, ideal for families. The competition also allows us to share our unique natural environment, while improving our photographic talents!
The contest was initiated and first held (as pilot) by Wikimedia Ukraine in 2013, and has been growing ever since with Australia joining in for the first time this year. It was ranked as the 2nd coolest project of Wikimedia Chapters at Wikimania 2012
The full WLE rules can be read at Wiki Loves Earth - rules. In short:
- two megapixel minimum image
- be taken by you
- be of a protected area(see below) in Australia can include flora and fauna of the area
- be described with the location, and co-ordinates if possible
- be uploaded between 1–31 May 2018
WMAU recommends that you license the images with CC-by-sa-4.0
Note:please also remember to enable email from other users in your Preferences so that we contact you.
- User:Gnangarra - Vice President Wikimedia Australia
All entries about Australia will be judged by a panel, with 10 images selected for submission to the International WLE judging in August. The 10 Australian winners will each receive A$100 and the entry selected as the best will also receive a canvas print of their entry.
- Judging panel
- Gnangarra - WMAU Vice President
- Roel Loopers - retired Newspaper photographer
Natural sites in Australia
All protected or listed areas along with it natural Flora or Fauna in Australia are within the scope of this competition. See the lists by states categories for those areas, if in doubt please upload the image and contact president at wikimedia.org.au, and include as much information in the image description as possible including co-ordinates.
- Ramsar sites
- Protected areas
- Protected areas of Australia
- en:Protected areas of the Australian Capital Territory
- en:Protected areas of New South Wales
- en:Protected areas of the Northern Territory
- en:Protected areas of Queensland
- en:Protected areas of South Australia
- en:Protected areas of Tasmania
- en:Protected areas of Victoria
- en:List of protected areas of Western Australia
- Protected areas of Australia