Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in Ghana
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the world through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Everybody can participate. There are a lot of natural heritage sites in all participating countries. The goal of Wiki Loves Earth is to encourage people to take pictures of those natural sites, and to put them under a free license so that others may access them through the Internet. This is the second time Ghana will be participating in the contest, to achieve this. The international contest will take place from 15 May — 15 June 2019 in Ghana. This page introduces the Ghanaian part of this competition. Join us to contribute free-licensed images of natural heritages in Ghana and to promote the beauty of the Ghanaian landscape in general.
(Same rules as for the international contest, see also the FAQ section there.) To take part in Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in Ghana, a submission should:
- Be self-taken
- All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors. Photos uploaded by anyone else than author (even with permission) are not accepted.
- Be self-uploaded during the contest period (May/June 2019);
- You are also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. What matters is that photos must be uploaded during the contest period (15th May – 15th June)
- Be under a free license;
- Contain an identified natural reserve or natural park;
- Have at least 2Mpx.
- A participant should have an activated e-mail address via Preferences of their account.
How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Ghanaian natural heritage site (see eligible objects below)
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #wlegh #wleghana #wle2019.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
- Any Ghanaian Natural Heritage Site, some below
Open Foundation West Africa is a non profit organization that seeks to extend the activities and reach of the open movement in the West African sub-region, through open education programs, digitizing open resources, preserving cultural and heritage items and promoting contents about the West African Sub-region and its existent countries.
This year, Ghana will be leading Wiki Loves Earth project for the second time to narrow down the gap on content in relation to Ghanaian landscapes which have not yet been represented on Wikipedia as well as images that depict these landscapes and reserves in Ghana.
- Start date: 15 May, 2019
- End date : 15 June, 2019
- Results: 15 July, 2019