Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in Guinea-Bissau
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the world through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Everybody can participate. There are a lot of natural heritage sites in all participating countries. The goal of Wiki Loves Earth is to encourage people to take pictures of those natural sites, and to put them under a free license so that others may access them through the Internet. This is the first time Guinea-Bissau will be participating in the contest. You can find here the full list of protected areas in Guiné-Bissau.
(Same rules as for the international contest, see also the FAQ section there.)
To take part in Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in Guinea-Bissau, a submission should:
- Be self-taken
- All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors. Photos uploaded by anyone else than author (even with permission) are not accepted.
- Be self-uploaded during the contest period (May and June 2019);
- You are also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. What matters is that photos must be uploaded during the contest period (May 2019)
- Be under a free license;
- Contain an identified natural reserve or natural park;
- Have at least 2Mpx.
- A participant should have an activated e-mail address via Preferences of their account.
How to participate
Prepare your photos of a natural heritage site of Guinea-Bissau
Create account or log in
Name your photos clearly
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #wlegw #wleguinea-bissau #wle2019.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
- All photos taken in protected areas of Guinea-Bissau are eligible. See here the complete list.
- 1st prize of the national contest: Weekend at Orango Parque Hotel, an ecotourism hotel integrated in the Orango National Park and in the World Biosphere Reserve of the Bissagos Islands, and within a short distance of the tabanca of Eticoga, with a vibrant local community full of history and tradition.
- More prizes to be announced shortly
The jury for Wiki Loves Earth Guinea-Bissau is comprised as follows:
- Oleksiy Vasyliuk, scientist in the field of ecology and environmental activist from Ukraine
- Valério Melo, biology teacher and environmental activist from Brazil
- Wilfredo Rodriguez, professional photographer from Canada
- Contact us by e-mail