Wiki Loves Earth in Nepal
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the World through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons).
Nepal has already participated in Wiki Loves Earth 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With the help of the competition we have around 15400+ pictures uploaded under creative commons license. Everyone, be it a newbie or expert photographer can participate to this event.
Join us contribute free-licensed photographs of natural heritages in Nepal.
- Wiki Loves Earth Nepal Team
- Nabin K. Sapkota - Coordinator
- Nirmal Dulal
- Nirjal Shrestha
- Nirajan Pant
- Biplab Anand
- Help Us
- Tell your friends
- Share on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc) using Our social media hashtags: #WLENepal #WLE2019
- Write a blog post about us
- Take part in the competition
- Support us with cameras to take photos, internet or space to upload photos
- Invite us the national park or natural heritage site you manage
- Send us a message OR join us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start date: 1st May 2019
- End date : 30th June 2019
- Decision of Competition: 30 July 2019
Gift hampers will be awarded to best three photographs.
- Gift hamper of about 20,000 NPR
- Gift hamper of about 15,000 NPR
- Gift hamper of about 10,000 NPR
- Other categories
- Top Contributor (by numbers of photographs) will be awarded by Gift hamper of about 5,000 NPR
- All participants of the competition will be rewarded by certificate of Participation.
Please join our facebook page and twitter page for updates and other news. For any queries regarding the competition and technical support please contact at Wikimedia-nelists.wikimedia.org
Detailed information about the competition can be found at out official pages linked below:
|Official Google+ |
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within May and June 2019, to be eligible
All photos must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
Participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact
- How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Nepali natural heritage site
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Register here before you Upload.
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #WLENepal #WLE2019.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
Photos to Upload
- Any Nepali Natural Heritage Site, some below
- Davis Falls
- Hyatung Falls
- Panch Pokhari
- Rupse Waterfall
- Phugadh Waterfall
- Pachachhahari Waterfall
- Pachal Waterfall
- Pokali Waterfall
- Purandhara Waterfall
- Dhage Waterfalls
- Natural areas and Places
- Main Rivers
- All Animals, Plants and Flowers Within Nature.
- Note: More with Detail.....