Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Ghana
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the world through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Everybody can participate. There are a lot of natural heritage sites in all participating countries. The goal of Wiki Loves Earth is to encourage people to take pictures of those natural sites, and to put them under a free license so that others may access them through the Internet. This is the second time Ghana will be participating in the contest, to achieve this. The international contest will take place from 1 June — 30 June 2021 in Ghana. This page introduces the Ghanaian part of this competition. Join us to contribute free-licensed images of natural heritages in Ghana and to promote the beauty of the Ghanaian landscape in gener
(Same rules as for the international contest, see also the FAQ section there.) To take part in Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Ghana, a submission should:
- Be self-taken
- All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors. Photos uploaded by anyone else than author (even with permission) are not accepted.
- Be self-uploaded during the contest period (June 2021);
- You are also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. What matters is that photos must be uploaded during the contest period (15th May – 15th June)
- Be under a free license;
- Contain an identified natural reserve or natural park;
- Have at least 2Mpx.
- A participant should have an activated e-mail address via Preferences of their account.
- 1st prize - Wiki T shirt + 1st place certificate
- 2nd prize - Wiki T shirt + 2nd place certificate
- 3rd prize - Wiki T shirt + 3rd place certificate
How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Ghanaian natural heritage site (see eligible objects below)
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #wlegh #wleghana #wle2021.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
- Any Ghanaian Natural Heritage Site, some below
Dagbani Wikimedians User Group Dagbani Wikimedians User Group is a user-group dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects in Mole-Dagbani languages. The Mole-Dagbani languages are a large group of near mutually intelligible dialects spoken across countries in West Africa. The largest of these languages are Mòoré; spoken by more than 5 million people in Burkina Faso, and Dagbani; a lingua franca in the northern half of Ghana spoken by some 3 million people including 2 million indigenous speakers. Among the smaller languages in this family tree is Notre, mainly spoken in Benin. The group is open to membership by all interested individuals.
This year, Ghana will be leading Wiki Loves Earth project for the second time to narrow down the gap on content in relation to Ghanaian landscapes which have not yet been represented on Wikipedia as well as images that depict these landscapes and reserves in Ghana.
- Start date: 1 June, 2021
- End date : 30 June, 2021
- Results: 10 July, 2021