Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2023 in Ghana
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritage sites around the world through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). This photo competition is open to all so therefore everybody is invited to participate. Ghana has beautiful natural heritage sites which are yet to be seen by the world so with Wiki Loves Earth, these sites can be seen by capturing them and subjecting it to free licensing. The competition will take place from 1 May to - July 31 in Ghana. Come help us promote Ghana's heritage sites through this competition. Your photos are always welcome!!!
(Same rules as for the international contest, see also the FAQ section there.) To take part in Wiki Loves Earth 2023 in Ghana, a submission should:
- Be self-taken
- All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors.
- Be self-uploaded during the contest period (1 May to 31 July 2023);
- You might have some old photos sitting somewhere on you computer, it is also welcome so far as it is related to the theme.
- Be under a free license;
- Contain an identified natural reserve or natural park, It should also includes animal species living at the natural reserves(eg. birds, insects, etc) ;
- Have at least 2Mpx.
- Photos must not watermarks
- A participant should have an activated e-mail address via Preferences of their account.
This year we shall have an open call for participants to take part in any photowalk which shall embark on. Watch our Social media pages (Wiki loves Earth 2023 in Ghana) to know the days the photowalk shall take place.
How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Ghanaian natural heritage site (see eligible objects below)
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Any Ghanaian Natural Heritage Site especially, those from [List of Protected Areas in Ghana]. See some below:
Kalakpa Game Production Reserve
|images uploaded from Ghana!|
- Bright Ayisi: Project Lead
- Gabriel Amuzu: Project Coodinator
- Samuel Okoto: Logistics
- Start date: 1 May, 2023
- End date : 30 July, 2023