- What is Wiki Loves Food?
Wiki Loves Food 2021 in India is a public photo competition on Wikimedia Commons. It shall aim at developing and improving the quality and quantity of pictures of various cuisines found from all over India and thus highlighting and celebrating the profusion, diversity and ethnicity of Indian cuisines.
- Judging criteria
The jury will determine the winners of the contest taking into consideration the following criteria. Kindly note that this is just not another photography contest. In order of importance, the criteria are as follows:
- Effort put into researching the subject and taking the image – we welcome descriptive notes on the subject, how the photo was taken, processed etc.
- Quality of description provided on the image (in any language) [judged primarily on the basis of what is provided by the image submitter rather than other contributors].
- Value of the image in terms of usage – ideally demonstrated by usage in any Wikimedia project of any language with appropriate captions and well-referenced text surrounding the image that demonstrates that the article has been greatly enhanced by the image.
- Value of the image based on uniqueness – is it filling a blank, is it from a location that is hard to reach, is it the only image of its kind etc.
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective, composition, etc.)
- Grounds for rejection of submitted images can include but are not limited to:.
- suspected of copyright violation;
- if required jury members may contact participants via talk pages or email – if they cannot be reached or responses to emails are not received within 48 hours – then the submission may be considered suspect and be rejected, participants may please ensure that they enable email, watch talk pages, and check their spam folders;
- lack of full EXIF information – where possible, contributors should include (or link to file versions with EXIF) other versions/from other angles in the other versions details;
- excessive processing, use of filters that are unrealistic;
- watermarks or credits on the image (credit to the author is ensured through the license and may also be included in the EXIF);
- resolution below 5 megapixel.
- Out of scope
We discourage upload the following files related to:
- Non-photographic works such as drawings or entirely computer-generated works
- Raw vegetables, fruits, animal flesh and any other edible stuff appearing it in its natural form for this contest.
- Food stuff that are displayed for non-edible purposes
- Photographs that are already on Commons (i.e., re-uploading is not allowed)