Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 in Russia
|Welcome to Wiki Loves Monuments in Russia 2015!|
Detailed information about the competition is available on our landing page at Wikimedia RU wiki. It is in Russian, so we provide a quick translation below. Further links can be useful too:
- Take pictures of cultural heritage monuments in Russia and upload them to Wikimedia Commons
- Lists of cultural heritage monuments are available. You will find an upload link ("Загрузить файл") on the right-hand side of the monument's description. This link will take you to the upload wizard with pre-filled file description, Commons categories, and monument ID. You are welcome to modify or augment the file description, though.
- You should take photos yourself and release them under a free license like CC-BY-SA-4.0.
- Photos can be taken at any time, but they should be uploaded between September 1, 00:00 and September 30, 23:59 UTC
Last, but not least:
- If you are new to Wikimedia Commons, remember to update your profile and provide your e-mail address. We will need it for informing you about the prize. A link to "Email this user" should be visible in the left panel of your user page.
- Photos of any reasonable quality can be uploaded, but the jury reserves the right to consider only those photos that are above 2MB in size and 2 megapixel in resolution.
We envisage the prizes for:
- 10 best photos will be selected by the jury based on technical quality and aesthetics criteria
- The largest coverage of Russian regions (photos taken in as many regions as possible)
- The largest coverage of monuments (we count only those monuments that have not been pictured in previous years)
- Special nomination for page banners (see below)
Winners will be announced by October 31. 10 best photos will take part in the international competition.
This is a satellite contest inspired by the particular kind of photos used in Wikivoyage, the free travel guide. In Wikivoyage, standard Wikipedia-style table of contents is replaced by a beautiful page banner (see example here). These banners are standard images, but they have a special 7:1 format. They can depict anything from a simple panorama to a suitable chosen detail, or even a topic related to the destination. We encourage you to help us with devising and preparing such banner images:
- Take your image and crop it to the 7:1 format. The cropped image should make sense on its own and in the context of the pagebanner, it should not be a random crop!
- Upload your banner using a special link
Our jury will determine the winner based on the quality and quantity of the uploaded banners.