Wiki Loves Monuments Levant 2015 contest is now ready to receive pictures from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Palestine. During the whole month of September participants can upload their pictures of the Levant's monuments and historical sites. Pictures may have been taken at any time but need to be uploaded before September 30, 11:59 pm to be eligible for the contest.
The only rules of the contest is that you need to have taken the picture yourself, that the subject of the picture is a historical site recognized by the government or national organization specialized in cultural or historical landmarks, or on the UNESCO World Heritage List, and that you accept to upload the picture under a CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
- Conditions participation
- participation at all stages of the Contest is purely voluntary and free
- participants must be registered to Wikimedia Commons http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/
- All photographs must be uploaded personally by the photographer.
- All entries must be uploaded by September 30 2015 at 23:59, to be eligible.
- all work must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0.
- The uploaded photos must be categorized with Special upload contest page to facilitate the task
- contest participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact
- each country/region can elect 10 winning photos
- Ever thought of seeing your own photos on Wikipedia ?
This is your chance to take part in our annual photography competition to improve Wikipedia. The encyclopedia is visited by 500 million people every month, and needs you to help improve its photos.
Wiki Loves Monuments Levant is aimed at listed buildings and ancient monuments in the countries of the Levant, and starts on Monday 1st September. The contest is supported by Wikimedia foundation.
There are dozens of eligible sites to photograph!
It doesn't matter when your photos are taken so long as they're uploaded by the end of September. If you took some stunning pictures back in April, or five years ago, you can still upload them.
To enter, you'll need to agree to release your entries under a free licence allowing them to be freely used by anyone for any purpose, including Wikipedia. You retain copyright, and can require anyone using your images to attribute them to you as photographer.
Wiki Loves Monuments (WLM) is an annual international photographic competition during September, organised worldwide by the Wikipedia community members. Participants take pictures of historical monuments and heritage sites in their region, and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. The aim of event is to highlight the heritage sites of the participating countries. The Levant is participating for the first time as a single entry. In previous years, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon have participated individually.