Wiki Loves Monuments Algeria 2017 contest is now ready to receive Algerian pictures. During the whole month of September participants can upload their pictures of Algeria's monuments and historical sites. Pictures may have been taken at any time but need to be uploaded before September 30, 11:59 pm UTC to be eligible for the contest.
Even the pictures you have taken during your last trip outside Algeria are accepted as long as they have been taken in one of the participating countries. The only rules of the contest is that you need to have taken the picture yourself, that the subject of the picture is a recognized historical site by the government, and that you accept to put the picture under a CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
- Conditions participation
- participation at all stages of the Contest is purely voluntary and free
- participants must be registered to Wikimedia Commons http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Accueil
- All photographic work must be taken and upload a personal way in his account
- All entries must be uploaded by September 30 2017 at 23:59, to be eligible.
- All work must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0.
- The uploaded photos must be categorized with Special upload contest page to facilitate the task
- Contest participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact
- Each country can elect 10 winning photos
- Ever thought of seeing your own photos on Wikipedia ?
This is your chance to take part in our annual photography competition to improve Wikipedia. The encyclopaedia is visited by 500 million people every month, and needs you to help improve its photos.
Wiki Loves Monuments Algeria is aimed at the Algerian's listed buildings and ancient monuments, and starts on Monday 1st September. The contest is supported by Wikimedia fondation.
There are dozens of sites eligible to check the website concurs
It doesn't matter when your photos are taken so long as they're uploaded by the end of September. If you took some stunning pictures back in April, or five years ago, you can still upload them.
To enter, you'll need to agree to release your entries under a free licence allowing them to be freely used by anyone for any purpose, including Wikipedia. You retain copyright, and can require anyone using your images to attribute them to you as photographer.
Help us show off your local history! seek this link (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_sites_et_monuments_class%C3%A9s_en_Alg%C3%A9rie )
Wiki Loves Monuments (WLM) is an annual international photographic competition during September, organised worldwide by the Wikipedia community members. Participants take pictures of historical monuments and heritage sites in their region, and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. The aim of event is to highlight the heritage sites of the participating countries. Algeria participates for the first time in 2013.