Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in Russia
|Welcome to Wiki Loves Monuments in Russia 2017!
Detailed information about the competition is available on our landing page at Wikimedia RU wiki. It is in Russian, so we provide a quick translation below. Further links can be useful too:
- Take pictures of cultural heritage monuments in Russia and upload them to Wikimedia Commons
- Lists of cultural heritage monuments are available. You will find an upload link ("Загрузить файл") on the right-hand side of the monument's description. This link will take you to the upload wizard with the pre-filled file description, Commons categories, and monument ID. You are welcome to modify or augment the file description. Please, keep the monument ID intact.
- You should take photos yourself and release them under a free license like CC-BY-SA-4.0.
- Photos can be taken at any time, but they should be uploaded between September 1, 00:00 and September 30, 23:59 UTC
Last, but not least:
- If you are new to Wikimedia Commons, remember to update your profile and provide your e-mail address. We will use it for informing you about the prize. A link to "Email this user" should be visible in the left panel of your user page.
- Photos of any reasonable quality can be uploaded, but the jury reserves the right to consider only those photos that exceed 1 MB in size and 2 megapixel in resolution.
We envisage the prizes for:
- 10 best photos will be selected by the jury based on technical and aesthetics criteria
- Best coverage of Russian regions (photos taken in as many regions as possible)
- Best coverage of monuments (take photos of those monuments that were not pictured yet)
- Art nouveau (buildings and structures from 1900's and 1910's)
- Russian/Soviet Avantgarde (architecture and art objects from 1920's and early 1930's)
- Cultural heritage imperiled (heritage objects facing heedless renovation or imminent destruction)
- Wikivoyage page banners (from all around the world!), check detailed rules here
10 best photos will also take part in the international competition.