Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photographic competition to promote cultural monuments around the World through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Starting from the Netherlands in 2010, organized on a European level in 2011 and went global in 2012.
Wikimedia Nepal has started Wiki Loves Monuments competition from 2013 and around 5,400+ pictures have been uploaded under creative commons license through this event. Everyone, be it a newbie or expert photographer can participate.
Join us contribute free-licensed photographs of cultural heritages in Nepal.
- Wiki Loves Monuments Nepal Team
- Help Us
- Tell your friends
- Share on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc) using Our social media hashtags :#WLMNepal #WLM2018
- Write a blog post about us
- Take part in the competition
- Support us with cameras to take photos, internet or space to upload photos
- Invite us the cultural park or cultural heritage site you manage
- Send us a message OR join us via email@example.com
- Start date: 1st September 2018
- End date : 30th September 2018
- Decision of Competition: end of October 2018
Gift hampers will be awarded to best three photographs.
- Gift Voucher of about 15,000 NPR
- Gift Voucher of about 10,000 NPR
- Gift Voucher of about 5,000 NPR
- Other categories
- Top Contributor (by numbers of photographs) will be awarded by Gift Voucher of about 5,000 NPR
- Top 10 contributors (by number of photographs) will be rewarded with WLM T-shirt and all participants of the competition will be rewarded by certificate of Participation.
Please join our Facebook page and Twitter page for updates and other news. For any queries regarding the competition and technical support please contact at nepaliwikigmail.com.
Detailed information about the competition can be found at out official pages linked below:
|Official Google+ |
How to upload pictures in Wiki Loves Monuments
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within September 2018, to be eligible
All photos must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
Participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact
- How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Nepali cultural heritage sites
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #WLMNepal #WLM2018.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
Feel free to share about this project in different social medias.
Photos to Upload
- Complete list of Nepali Cultural Heritage Site