Commons:Wiki Loves Switzerland 2022
Wiki Loves Switzerland 2022 is the 11th Wiki Loves competition organized by the local Wikimedia chapter for Switzerland.
There are two different ways to participate:
- Photos of nature: Participants take pictures that best describe the Swiss nature, and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. The aim is to highlight the nature of Switzerland (animals and plants) and its landscape in order to encourage participants to take pictures and to share them under a free license.
- Photos of natural parks: Participants take pictures that best describe the Swiss natural parks from this list, and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. The best pictures will partcipate to the international Wiki Loves Earth 2022 photo contest.
Pictures of natural parks also count towards the first topic, but the inverse is not necessarily valid.
After 10 editions of Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Loves Earth, Wikimedia CH has decided to organize this "variant" of Wiki Loves contests with the aim of exploring and admiring the charm of the landscapes of the Swiss confederation and to support the local chapter of Ukraine that is the organizer of Wiki Loves Earth 2022 photo contest.
Join us to contribute with free-licensed photographs of Switzerland!
- 1st.Place - 2'000 CHF.-
- 2nd.Place - 1'000 CHF.-
- 3rd.Place - 500 CHF.-
How to participate with photographs
1. Explore Switzerland
2. Choose what describes Swiss nature
3. Take photographs
4. Upload to Commons
5. Do it again and again
Find places and themesThere are many views, sceneries and landscapes in every canton - find the one that best represents the concept of nature!
Take photographsTake as many photographs as you can, try different angles. Even if your photograph doesn't win an award, it might help Wikipedia!
Describe themWrite down what you photographed. Record the place name, description, coordinates and date of the site photo.
Wiki Loves Earth 2022
the best 10 pictures of natural parks will participate to the international contest of Wiki Loves Earth!
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact the organizer on the discussion page.
Freedom of choice
the shot is free, the important thing is to best represent the Swiss nature!
Join Wiki Loves Switzerland and help Wikipedia document everything that best describes the nature of the Swiss Confederation!
The jury will select up to 10 images.
The first 3 images will be awarded in Switzerland and the first 10 images representing Swiss national park will participate to the international selection for Wiki Loves Earth 2022.
The jury is free not to award the prizes if the selection does not respect the evaluation parameters.
Wiki Loves Earth (WLE) is an annual international photographic competition organised worldwide. Participants take pictures of local natural heritage and scenic landscape in their countries, and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. The first Wiki Loves Earth competition was held in 2013 in Ukraine, and the contest became international in 2014. In 2019, 37 countries participated in the contest.
'N.B.' : All images must be uploaded from June 15th to July 31th and no later than. You can also upload images that you may have taken in the past, for example during one of your trips to the country, but you can only upload them during the indicated period.
We try to keep the competition clean and simple. There are only a few rules for participating in photographs at Wiki Loves Switzerland. Let's see them quickly.
Each upload should be:
- Photograph taken and uploaded personally;
- Uploaded during the competition period (June 15 - July 31);
- During the upload process, authorize reuse with a license CC BY-SA image;
- Represents a theme that does not violate personal privacy or copyright.
Beyond that, there are some rules of thumb:
- You should have an activated email address on Wikimedia Commons;
- If the photograph is deleted for any reason, it is automatically disqualified from the competition;
- You are responsible for complying with the law when taking and uploading the photograph.
'Pay attention to the categories!'
The guided upload process will automatically place your images in the overall contest category, but please add more specific and appropriate categories to your photos. This will keep Wikimedia Commons in order and your images will be found more easily. Thanks in advance!
Winners WLS 2020
Winners WLM 2019
Winners WLE 2017
Winners W4A 2014
Our jury will process the images through August 2022. At the end of this process, a jury made up of expert photographers and Wikipedians will determine the 3 winners and the 10 best images of Switzerland for natural parks.
The jury will determine the winners of the competition taking into consideration the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective, etc.);
- Image utility for Wikipedia.
Images that reach first place in the final evaluation stage typically meet at least the technical criteria of the "Featured Image" process on Wikimedia Commons. But feel free to submit lots of pictures and let the jury worry if they're good enough.