Here we discuss a time period or theme that we can have as a first show case.
Goal: It should be possible to pan all over the Nordic.
First: what was the original idea? Would there be maps of whole countries or samples of smaller areas, and roughly in what scale, ie. maps of from how large areas? Maybe it was defined, but was not registered.--Urjanhai (talk) 16:01, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- 1914 - Rationale: centenary of First World War.
- Pros: Lots of maps
- Cons: Possible copyright issues in some countries (e.g. Sweden)
- 1815 - Rationale: bi-centennial of end of Napoleonic Wars
- Pros: All maps are PD, war affected the borders of all(?) 5 countries
- Cons: Fewer maps, less accurate maps, maps owned by other entities than today's countries