Add new bugs
Bug to report
% in filename
I added File:Waghäusel 81 1%.jpg.
The thumbnail link is correct http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Wagh%C3%A4usel_81_1%25.jpg/120px-Wagh%C3%A4usel_81_1%25.jpg
Instead of the file, it returns the message
Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/mnt/thumbs/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Waghäusel_81_1%%.jpg/120px-Waghäusel_81_1%%.jpg': @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2498.
It seems that there happens kind of double-escaping.
Karlsruhe:Datei:Waghäusel_81_1%.jpg with an older MediaWiki version works well.
@ Special:ListFiles --- I have recently uploaded a bunch of pics with Commons:Tools/Commonist which already included an description. If you look at Special:ListFiles/Mattes no descriptions are shown in the list. Please fix that. --Mattes (talk) 00:30, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- This must be fixed in Commonist. If it's using the API (
* action=upload *), it just have to set the
commentparameter. Should be easy to fix if it is using the API and if you can obtain the source. -- Rillke(q?) 12:36, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure it's worth the complication of figuring out how to structure the subpages. Most of the bugs on this page are around for a while; it's probably easier to copy them than to structure the page so it's updated in different places with one change. Rd232 (talk) 13:15, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
Bug on Commons:Upload
I've been experiencing this problem for several days. When using Commons:Upload, multiple areas for adding categories appear, and the first category you add will not show up when the upload is complete (that's why the completely nonsense category is shown on the right). MB298 (talk) 02:21, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
Is there a reason for this page to be split into translatable sentences instead of translatable paragraphs like the rest of Commons? It makes translation more difficult, since the translated text has to keep the English structure. Regards, -- Whidou (talk) 10:30, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Whidou: There are hundreds of pages in the new translation system. It has been enabled per community consensus. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:32, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter: There are indeed, but I fail to see how this is related to my question ^^. On most pages, the translatable unit is the paragraph, which allow translators to change the flow of the sentences to fit the target language. But on this page, the translatable unit is the sentence, making translated text sound weird since it has to keep the English text structure. -- Whidou (talk) 10:40, 31 May 2016 (UTC)