|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to Commons:Commonist.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
[Mediawiki-api-announce] Insecure (non-HTTPS) API Requests to become unsupported starting 2016-06-12
|Mediawiki-api-announce Insecure (non-HTTPS) API Requests to become unsupported starting 2016-06-12
- What is the fix? Where do I find the text-file of the upload site addresses and presumably then edit and recompile? I am on Linux Mint 17.1 (Ubuntu). I am looking at Vicuna, and like the offline prep, but those guys have time constraints and a bug fix backlog. ClemRutter (talk) 22:46, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
- thanks for the notice, i'll adapt the code. -- Ritschwumm (talk) 14:07, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
- wait a minute - the commonist has been using https for a long time already, see github -- Ritschwumm (talk) 14:11, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
Sorry for my poor english, so i write in german. Seit wenigen Wochen übernimmt der Commonist nicht mehr die Koordinaten aus den Exifdaten. Es gab einige Updates auf meinem Rechner, so das es auch an mir liegen könnte. System: Win10/64prof. Kann das mal bitte jemand überprüfen? Gruss --Nightflyer (talk) 20:41, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
- sorry, i broke the gps coordinate parser in the last release. the code is fixed, a new release will be online soon. -- Ritschwumm (talk) 18:45, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
Categories not working and badfilename error
Please take a look at User:Watchduck/gallery#Sun_Jul_31_22:26:40_CEST_2016 and below.
- Repeatedly there are these badfilename errors for names like File:Subgroup of Oh; C3 03; cycle graph.svg - although e.g. File:Subgroup of Oh; C6 03; cycle graph.svg worked after some attempts.
- Currently the categories are linked from the images, but the images do not appear in the categories. E.g. this category should show these 12 images, but currently it shows only the one where I made an empty edit.
Can someone please fix this? There is not really a point in uploading hundreds of images with Commonist, and then making and empty edit to each of them.
Update: I uploaded the badfilename files with upload wizard, and the category problem appears there as well. So the problem seems to be with Commons itself. Watchduck (quack) 21:59, 31 July 2016 (UTC)