Write a message on this page to comment on the list's postings. Sign your post by typing four tildes after the message: ~~~~.' Please consider automatically geo-tagging photo location so that we can directly see the location in map form. 126.96.36.199 16:27, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
j'ais esseye de me connecter, a mon grand regret sans succes, car je n'ai pu recopier le code qui m'a ete attribue. donc je ne peux me connecter.
- EN: What is your email address? I can subscribe you.
- FR: quel est votre email address ? Je peux vous ajouter à la liste d'abonnés. --pfctdayelise (说什么?) 09:21, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Ok, a stupid thing. I wish I could have the image itself, not just a link. --Elitre 22:42, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- :) That's not so stupid. But you're better off using the RSS feed or some 'wget' trick for that. It would just be a big waste of bandwidth to mail out an image each day, to hundreds (now over 200, and only young) subscribers. Some of these images are like 5 or 8mb. Any many people wouldn't like to wait so long to download the mail. --pfctdayelise (说什么?) 13:39, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Why not add an image in JPEG format preview size into the emails? If you make it average of 5KB it won't take up too much bandwidth.188.8.131.52 11:57, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- Well, this list already goes to around 700 people. So... I still don't think it's a great idea. :) pfctdayelise (说什么?) 12:39, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- 1 it's not *that* great
- 2 Rogers Center
- 3 Los Angeles following Rogers Center !
- 4 Not Recieving
- 5 Image in email
- 6 DESCRIPTION EN FRANÇAIS
- 7 current image
- 8 Mailman not seeing commons FP list anymore?
- 9 Mailing list stuck at image of Jan 22, 2012
- 10 Same Image
- 11 Welcome back
- 12 No Images in a Week
- 13 No emails again?
- 14 Missing Daily Image Notifications
it's not *that* great
Rogers Center featured three days in a row? —184.108.40.206 04:07, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- Just got the link for the third consecutive day... something must be broken! --Cpl Syx 04:11, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
third day with the same image...why?
I just thought I would let you know that I have been receiving the same picture for the past few days. On how interesting the Rogers Center is, I like to see other pictures.
Thanks!! 220.127.116.11 14:14, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Los Angeles following Rogers Center !
Hi, Picture LosAngeles04 is following thes same way than Rogers Center... I received it for the second time. Sorry for the bad news, but something must be wrong, again. Nice picture though :-) Ubik3 17:55, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi there. I have not recieved the Pic of the Day since the 24th of this month. Hope it be possible to get that fixed. My account on the english wikipedia is Senorelroboto. Please respond on my talk page if it isnt too much trouble.--18.104.22.168 01:47, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- Same problem here, I haven't received one in ages... --Cpl Syx 03:13, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
I recieved todays daily-image mail 20 times. how can i stop this?
- Same problem, The service was working very well in the past, then there was an interruption of almost 4 months, then, quite recently it started again, and -finally and unfortunately- few days ago, I started not to receive the mails anymore.
Could you please check if you can fix the issue? (email@example.com)
Image in email
Hi. I like Wikimedia's daily image but I'd like it much more if the image was shown right away in my email (i.e. without having to click the link). Is there such a mailing list available? Any plans to make one or transform the current one to 'picture embedded in email'? Thanks. 22.214.171.124 14:56, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- You can access the picture-version of the Picture of the Day via RSS. If you really want it as email, I suggest you take one of these RSS links and use a "RSS to email" converter service. There are many such services to be found on Google. Hope that helps --pfctdayelise (说什么?) 06:25, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Not receiving pictures since the 24th of August. Please advise. Thank you126.96.36.199 04:44, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Same problem here - since about August 24, 2009.
DESCRIPTION EN FRANÇAIS
SOUVENT ON N'A PAS LA DESCRIPTION EN FRANÇAIS
ELLE EST ENCHINOIS EN ALLEMAGNE ETC...POUTANT
NOUS SOMME 1 MILIONS DE QUÉBÉCOIS EN AMÉRIQUE DU NORD
MERCI D'AVANCE RÉAL
Porqué la descricción no se hace tambien en Español? Yo no sé idiomas.
- I'm sorry, I don't speak French or Spanish. However, you can add translations for upcoming pictures by visiting Commons:Picture of the day, clicking on any redlinks for your language, and writing your translation in the edit box and hitting save. --pfctdayelise (说什么?) 13:11, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
hello, this always worked before, but today's nifty bug came through distorted:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Daily-image-l188.8.131.52 00:59, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hello, what distortion are you referring to? The email and the picture look fine to me. --pfctdayelise (说什么?) 05:09, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
Mailman not seeing commons FP list anymore?
Mailing list stuck at image of Jan 22, 2012
- Can someone e-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the issue? I don't know how the mailing list compiles its contents so I can't help here. -- Rillke(q?) 10:50, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
I've been receiving the same image for several days
hi wikifriends, i'm glad the daily image is back;)
184.108.40.206 09:47, 23 July 2013 (UTC) Antonio
No Images in a Week
I joined this mailing list in December and was happily recieving images until about a week ago, when they stopped appearing in my mailbox. I'm still subscribed and verified that list mail isn't going to a junk folder. List admin, or anyone, know what might have happened? Thanks, Audrey 220.127.116.11 20:44, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Also having this problem. As of 26 Feb 2014 I have not received a wikimedia image since 25 Jan 2014. I tried to subscribe again but only received a no-reply email that I was already subscribed (as I am). Messages are not going to spam. EDIT 27 Feb: I just received my first email in a month. I suppose it is fixed now?
Edit, 27 Feb: Yay! Receiving POTD once again. Thanks, whoever made it happen. Audrey
Edit, 1 September 2015 Also having this problem; haven't received POD for the past month. I am still subscribed and have verified that the mail is not going to the junk folder or blocked. List admin, or anyone, know what might have happened? Thanks, Frances Barrett
No emails again?
I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned the abrupt lack of messages since March 21? (Plenty of similar posts on this page but not from the past couple of weeks - is this a recurring problem?) -- Chuq (talk) 02:41, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Missing Daily Image Notifications
I signed up many months ago for the Daily Image but received nothing. I tried to sign up again a few weeks ago and was told my address was already on the list.... I tried signing up using another address (Gmail this time) and at least got an automated response asking me to confirm that I wanted the daily notification. I followed this up to confirm. Since then - NOTHING. I've checked the Gmail spam folder but nothing from this list is shown there.
I was surprised to see how few folk had actually signed up for this service - maybe there are many like me who have tried and who fall by the wayside?
18.104.22.168 13:15, 15 May 2015 (UTC)