Commons talk:Featured pictures
I was looking for featured pictures of cartilaginous fishes. Initially I looked in Commons:Featured pictures/Animals, which has none. I now found out that these pictures are hidden in Commons:Featured_pictures/Animals/Fish #Class_:_Chondrichthyes_(Cartilaginous_Fishes). I wasn't looking there because Commons:Featured pictures deceptively describes that page as “Actinopterygii (Ray-finned fish)”. How should we resolve this?
- A: change Commons:Featured pictures to say “Vertebrata (Vertebrates)”.
- B: change Commons:Featured pictures to say “Gnathostomata (jawed vertebrates)”.
- C: change Commons:Featured pictures to say “Osteichthyes and Chondrichthyes (fish)”.
- D: change Commons:Featured pictures to say “Pisces (fish)”, which is what the gallery page itself says.
- E: move all cartilaginous fishes from that gallery to Commons:Featured pictures/Animals.
Pinging @Christian Ferrer: , @Daniel78: . If we change the description then I'll also consider changing the icon.
– b_jonas 10:07, 11 November 2022 (UTC)
- @B jonas: At first view I think "D" is the better. Christian Ferrer (talk) 10:56, 11 November 2022 (UTC)
- Hmm, this is a translated page, with the title for that page translated, so I'll have to be careful when editing it. – b_jonas 11:30, 18 November 2022 (UTC)
At least with my desktop some gallery pages seem to overflow. I have tried to fix it at Commons:Featured pictures/Astronomy by making the pictures smaller, but e.g. Commons:Featured pictures/Historical still has the problem. Proposals? Habitator terrae 🌍 11:32, 14 May 2023 (UTC)
Now I improved my fix by puting all pictures with a height-width ratio, which is higher than 5-2 into galleries with no height specified. I propose, that this is done with the other pages to, what do you think? Habitator terrae 🌍 11:53, 14 May 2023 (UTC)