Commons talk:Monuments database
If you have questions beyond the exact content of this page, it is suggested to ask them at the Wiki Loves Monuments Help Desk.
@Jean-Frédéric, Multichill: Have we put an explicit license on the database contents anywhere? If not could we pick CC0 or would we be limited to CC BY-SA due to the data origins (Wikipedia). Wondering since I'm marketing the dataset for an upcoming hackathon. /André Costa (WMSE) (talk) 13:15, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- We're harvesting mere facts. I'm not sure if these are copyrightable. The database as a whole might be, I would go for the most free license for the database as a whole (CC0). Without solid legal basis, I wouldn't claim any license. Multichill (talk) 13:48, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- I’m very green regarding database licensing questions. I would agree with Multichill that the contents are probably not copyrightable?
- As for the database as a whole, who would get to claim whatever copyright/other rights there might be? Multichill as the original creator? The three of us as maintainers over the years?
- If my agreement or waiver is necessary for anything, I would also go for CC-0.
- Jean-Fred (talk) 14:22, 8 September 2016 (UTC)