Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2010/Feedback
- I feel derivative work like Sarychev_Peak.jpg, the erupting volcano, ought to be scored at a discount or be recognised in a different category, it is a rotation and tidy-up of the Nasa original. Vy0123 (talk)
- So many really great pictures: It was too hard to decide. Next year have one good picture and a bunch of poor ones. It's too hard to pick one otherwise. ;-) Woz2 (talk) 00:17, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- My first feedback was here. I would also like to add that it would be great to have again downloadable archives as we used to in the previous years, and I'd love to see a special award for original content created _by_ Wikimedians and Commons users. --Elitre (talk) 17:11, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
- Next year, please make it easier for translators. You really can't expect that all translations are changed if you decide to change the layout or contents. Therefore, I suggest working more extensively with templates: The following structure can be used for the voteheader:
- Template:POTY2011/Voteheader (contains autotranslate and passes (1) current the status of this voting [Not opened yet||Open 1st round||1st round closed||...], (2) the start date of the current round, (3) the end date of this round, (4) the beginning of the next round)
- Template:POTY2011/Voteheader/layout should be created, too. Therefore it would be easier to change colours and the "vote now / do-not-vote-image".
- After everything is prepared, make a timetable. (It is acceptable if there is a time-gap of one or two month between the fist and the second round; but users often want to become informed when the should return.)
- Care about your Question-page. All committee-members should watchlist it and answer questions.
- Test before opening voting. Change your interface language temporary and look whether this looks right. -- RE rillke questions? 23:29, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
- Have a bot employed for checking user votes etc. --Extra 999 (Contact me + contribs) 03:14, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- To the admins : please don't lock "randomly" pages & template to be translated, for registred users. Vandalism is not that frequent you can't remove it one by one without blocking the pages. To the committee : try to improve interactivity and cohesion between members (by voting/making official statements into the commitee discussions). Thanks. --Warp3 (talk) 02:23, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Please write out when the rounds will start and when they will end. --Bensin (talk) 02:13, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
- I think you should make it clear the extent of digital manipulation on each picture. I would have voted for the Mostar one; but luckily I wasn't eligible since I later found out that it's half fake. Ungoliant MMDCCLXIV (talk) 14:48, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
Automatic voting does not work
- Please purge your browser's cache:
- Please post 'further requests to Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2010/Questions. Thank you.
-- RE rillke questions? 20:16, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
I still do not know how to vote... it is not enoguh to click "vote for this" of what have you, but rather you have to edit the page where you vote? How do you do that if you do not have account on wikicommons... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- You can't vote from IP.
- Please post 'further questions to Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2010/Questions. Thank you.
-- RE rillke questions? 16:25, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
Please consider using a system of preferential voting, at least in the final round, so that the final winning image has majority support. It's still easy to see how the near-winners ranked after distributing all the preferences. Donama (talk) 00:21, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- +1 on this; single vote is rubbish. Consider using software written specifically for the purpose, rather than a mediawiki page with textual entries. --Romanski (talk) 12:06, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- +1. Navigation is confusing. It is possible to vote for more than one images, while there isn't any message that your votes stay disqualified if voted on more than one image. There should be a button to cancel the vote as well. --HPNadig (talk) 04:00, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- Got completely lost in the first round and couldn't find a way back to the beginning. No way to easily navigate through everything or get back to a main page. Decided it wasn't worth the trouble or time.