Commons talk:Quality images
Procedure for adding images to this page and subpages
The current procedures for adding images that have been promoted through QIC (either as listed by QICBot or manually from Consensual_review after a decision has been posted) are:
- ) Add images to the top of the appropriate gallery(s) on the main page. NB some sections have subgalleries. It may be appropriate to add an image to more than one section.
- ) Trim the gallery down to 4 images or only those newly added that day if more than 4. (images are normally left for at least one day on the main page, so I normally leave any overflow until I add the next days images).
- ) Add the image to the top of appropriate galleries on sub-pages. Some pages have many subsections and subgalleries. Also note that some galleries contain natural groupings. --Tony Wills 09:24, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- Also note that within the natural groupings there maybe further subgroups, though not necessarily subdivided by headers. When in doubt you can always ask me. Lycaon 09:32, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- Done JuTa, quite right, they were not. The category was just a collections made by enthusiastic User:Rachidourkia. I've removed the images from the category and left a message to the user about QIs. Thanks for finding this mistake. --Cart (talk) 06:37, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
At the moment there is a peculiar extra gallery in Commons:Quality images/Subject/Places/Sample, which is apparently from Commons:Quality images/Subject/Places contributing to Commons:Quality images. This gallery contains the single image File:Benches, Volkspark Jungfernheide, Berlin (20150503-DSC04922).JPG which is never replaced by User:QICbot. May I move the photograph to a different gallery, such as Commons:Quality images/Subject/Places/Man made structures and possibly just leave the "|" in the galleries?
Also, there appears to be a size problem in Commons:Quality images/Subject/Places/Mixed. I only get an error message "Unstrip size limit exceeded (5,000,000)" there and a link to the archive. The source wiki code seems to be accessible, though. Must the older images be archived manually? Can anyone do that? Thanks --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 13:19, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Alright, Commons:Quality images/Subject/Places/Mixed is visible again after archiving about half of the images. The page is still sluggish, though. If I do not get an answer to my first question within a few days, I might just try to fix this as well. --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 20:45, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- I also just emptied the respective galleries and moved the image. If this should cause any trouble, then my edits should be reverted. I'll check tomorrow whether QICbot ran into any problems. --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 13:06, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
Why is this image not approved?
Could someone help me understand what's happened here? This image was up-voted several days ago. At that time it had a green box around it. Since I hadn't been notified it was approved I went yesterday to see what happened. I see the green box has been changed back to blue but no down votes have been made. Someone has made a comment without calling it a comment but does an unmarked comment remove/override an up-vote? If not, why is the image not approved? Jim Evans (talk) 18:41, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Jim Evans; about which photo you talk? Tournasol7 (talk) 13:28, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- The link in my post above used to go to the image as it was shown on the QI nominations page. Now that it has been removed from the nominations page by QIbot it's going to be difficult to explain the issue. I had nominated this image . It had been up-voted on the day it was nominated and had a green box around it signifying it was approved as a QI. Later it became a blue box suggesting it had not been voted on. This was incorrect so I began trying to find someone to see why. I had no success. Jim Evans (talk) 13:48, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- In my opinion, reverting the image from "/Promotion" to "/Nomination" was wrong. If someone disagrees with a decision (@GRDN711: was this your intention?), "/Promotion" or "/Decline" should be changed to "/Discuss" for consensual review. Anyone noticing the mistake could have done this, even the nominator. Anyway, it is allowed to nominate an unassessed quality image like this once again. --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 14:34, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- Hopefully you agree ... I've added the image to current nomination page at 21st September with "Discuss" instead of "Nomination". --XRay talk 14:50, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- Links to diffs would be really useful here... --Dschwen (talk) 14:51, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- Do you mean this link: XRay talk 15:03, 2 October 2020 (UTC) ? --