Help talk:Commons Commander
Accidentally removed categories
I created a new Commons category Category:Hand-colored photographs of Japan. I used Commons Commander to quickly add several files to this category, but I goofed up! Instead of adding this additional category to the images, I dragged images from an existing category to this new category, thus removing the old category from the image. I did this for hundreds of photographs! How do I correct my mistake? Scewing (talk) 13:30, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
Category browsing broken
File search is working, but category browsing doesn't list any files (since MW 1.18 deployment, I think). 126.96.36.199 17:22, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm, works for me. I'll investigate further. --Magnus Manske (talk) 21:43, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't know about this interface.
- But this link displays no images. 188.8.131.52 08:53, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- The interface you linked seems to miss the file moving funcionality. Also is there a way to display only one pane and more than 50 files in a category? 184.108.40.206 09:25, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed the issue with the old interface. To move with the new one, just drag files over; to copy, keep ALT pressed while moving. No single-pane option yet. It should auto-load more images when scrolling, just like the old one, but it doesn't. Will work on it. --Magnus Manske (talk) 11:06, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
- Scrolling issue in new version fixed. --Magnus Manske (talk) 11:39, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Errors when adding to Category
I am running into a few issues trying to add images to a category.
- When I try to enter a category name in the "Quick-add files to a category" box/pop up, I get this error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND page_title LIKE "%" ORDER BY page_title LIMIT' at line 1
- If I hit ok, it goes to the next step. After I enter TUSC account info and hit ok, I get the message "STAND BY..." and it freezes there
- If again, I hit ok while it says stand by, I get another error message: TUSC user undefined (which is not the case, I have a verified user).
Not work to me
I enable it, but it seem not to work me. I have 15.0.1, Windows Vista. There is a red alert loading, but even after several minutes no files loaded. Same for:
- Google Chrome 22.0.1229.79
- Opera 12.02
- I have the same problem in Firefox 19.0.2 on Linux/Windows 7 and Chrome 25.0.1364.172m on Windows. The interface appears, but trying to load any files gives me the little red "Loading..." message indefinitely. This has always happened since I've tried to use CC (Nov 2012). Do I need to be logged in somewhere? --moogsi (blah) 00:10, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
Eternal scroll not working
Tried both Chrome and Firefox, but eternal scroll for user uploads isn't working for me. It does look to work for categories, which is strange. Anyone else experience this? — Rhododendrites talk | 14:25, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
- It also doesn't work for me, Firefox 50.1 on Windows 7. --LB 15:28, 13 January 2017 (UTC)