Commons talk:Wiki Loves Africa 2021
- File:Medicinal Herbs.jpg was very likely taken in Goa, India.
- File:Global Health Ethiopia .jpg seems to be in Bangladesh, in spite of its filename.
- File:Capoera.jpg was taken in Brazil.
- File:Yoga Teacher Training.jpg was taken in an unidentified location (no specific reason to think it was in Africa).
- File:Ecologically grown vegetables.jpg was taken in an unidentified location, likely in Estonia.
- File:Jogging aqueducts.jpg was taken in Italy.
This is a disgrace: After 7 years of Wiki Loves Africa there should be enough material to promote the 8th without resorting to unrelated stock photos. And there actually is, not to mention the many of photos of Africa uploaded outside this campaign. -- Tuválkin ✉ ✇ 06:53, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- Dear Tuválkin, thank you for your concerns. Part of the reason we have Wiki Loves Africa is because there are not enough images representing Africa on Commons. The images used on the Commons page are not 'stock images' they are taken from the Commons repository; the images are also not meant to be from Africa, they are meant to show examples of the kinds of images and themes we are looking for in the contest and were chosen for their reflection of the theme (regardless of where their origin was). They are merely meant as suggestions. Your point has been made; perhaps you could suggest replacements instead of just criticising what is existing. Islahaddow (talk) 08:56, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- Welcome user:Sean Gunta :)