Commons talk:Wiki Loves Earth 2017 in Sweden
Hello Swedish team of Wiki Loves Earth!
In a few days, Wiki Loves Earth is going to start in Sweden. To make sure you are ready I checked if all required translations have been provided. Multiple translations are still missing:
- Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2017/CentralNotice (choose text in English + provide translations in local language(s))
- Some templates to translate: (see for background info here)
- Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2017/Translation
Please provide these translations as early as possible. If no translation/text is provided for the CentralNotice, no banner can be set up above Wikipedia!
- Thanks Romaine for looking out for us, I'll get on it right away. /Axel Pettersson (WMSE) (talk) 08:01, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
Link www.wikilovesearth.se not working ?!?!?
The link to www.wikilovesearth.se on page Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2017#Participating_countries is not working - Salgo60 (talk) 09:45, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
- Taken care of now Salgo60, thanks for noticing and notifying. /Axel Pettersson (WMSE) (talk) 15:49, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Link www.wikilovesearth.se is still not working
Link changed from https to http which works. /18.104.22.168 09:25, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks 22.214.171.124 for noticing and taking care of that. /Axel Pettersson (WMSE) (talk) 14:48, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
Link to Commons:Image guidelines?
@Axel Pettersson (WMSE): Hi! I wonder if it might not be a good idea to include a link to Commons:Image guidelines with a small explanation. I've been a judge on WLM Bangladesh and I'm a regular at QIC and FPC. A lot of the photos from WLE and WLM always turn up at QIC and FPC where they are usually declined because of some minor thing that could have been avoided if the participants had read the Image guidelines, which is really a shame. I've recently had some discussions about this regarding photos from WLE Brazil at QIC that couldn't be promoted due to dowmnsampling, insufficient descriptions and/or bad categories. Thought I'd mention this. Best, --cart-Talk 10:35, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestion W.carter, and it's taken under consideration. But in the fine line between getting new users to upload their first images in a contest like this and scaring them off with too much information I think it's better to wait with that. I've added rules now that points out that size matters, and as we get our lists done we'll send out a message to users who have uploaded images urging them to add ID and make sure that size requirements are met. /Axel Pettersson (WMSE) (talk) 11:54, 7 June 2017 (UTC)