Commons talk:Wiki Loves Earth 2018
- 1 'Wildlife' in the zoos
- 2 Upload Wizard
- 3 Wiki loves earth photo contest in Nepal
- 4 Question about winners
- 5 Wiki loves earth of india 2018
- 6 Wiki loves earth 2018 Algeria
- 7 Central Notice for Italy
- 8 South Korea
- 9 Central Notice and Statistics for Croatia
- 10 Central Notice mistakes for Algeria
- 11 Central Notice for Georgia
- 12 Structured Data on Commons and Wiki Loves... campaigns: wishes for UploadWizard?
'Wildlife' in the zoos
For Wiki Loves Earth Moldova, a new prize will be awarded for the best picture of wildlife of protected areas. Do you think it's a good idea to except photos of animals in the zoos from this prize category? We have a couple of zoos in Moldova and both are protected areas. Gikü (talk) 09:38, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- I'm ok with open range where they are protecting and conserving the animals in their natural, native environment along with natural flora. Oppose to Zoos where they are captive and on display even those with more elaborate harmonious barriers like Singapore Zoo or places like w:Taronga Western Plains Zoo where the animals also include exotic species. Gnangarra 08:45, 20 April 2018 (UTC)
This is the message that shows in the page:
Wiki Loves Earth 2018 has not started yet.
Wiki Loves Earth will start in June. You may still share your images, but they will not be eligible for the competition.
- It is not so simple, but fixed for the moment. To solve this issue, I need some translations: Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2017/Translation. Please help! Romaine (talk) 16:12, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Wiki loves earth photo contest in Nepal
- Please visit Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Nepal and you'll see there's a section called 'How to participate', read them and you'll find the upload button there as well :) Thanks. ~ Nahid Talk 18:58, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
Question about winners
- 1st place in the International judging, each country has its own separate rewards or prizes. Gnangarra 05:21, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
Wiki loves earth of india 2018
- @J ansari: That's because India is not participating this year. I've seen that you added India on the list. Do you wish to organize India contest this year? Also, I communicated one of the board member of Wikimedia India regarding this before the contest and he said they are not going to participate this year because there was some problems related to last year but I don't know much. @Antanana: would know better about this. Thanks. ~ Nahid Talk 19:32, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
Wiki loves earth 2018 Algeria
Due to the month of Ramadan in Algeria, participants are not active. This is why our group decided to add another month, to have more photos in the contest. please @Romaine: can you add a month for the banner too? thank you in advance.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 11:32, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
- Implemented - Romaine (talk) 14:31, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
Central Notice for Italy
Hi @Romaine:, sorry if I disturb you, but we have some problem with the "Upload" button on the website (wiki embed...). Until we solve the problem, could you please change the link of the Central Notice from the site to the page on it.wiki? Thank you, and sorry. --CristianNX 22:47, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
- @CristianNX: Link changed - Romaine (talk) 23:07, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
There are no marking for South Korea on the map as below;
Central Notice and Statistics for Croatia
Hi @Romaine:, we have changed the text of the our Central Notice, but there is still the old text in use. I can't see Croatia in statistics here and here. Thanks! --Fraxinus (talk) 21:53, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Fraxinus, The different text has been implemented two days ago.
- The statistics tool seems to be last updated in early May. I just updated the source. I do not know how long it takes before the tool itself is updated.
- The Watchlist should work, as all images of Croatia are in the world wide contest category. Romaine (talk) 01:52, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Central Notice mistakes for Algeria
Hi @Romaine:, We have a problem with the text of the central notice. In the message in English and French we have a mistake: instead of Algeria, it is written in France. Can you Fix It please. --Bachounda (talk) 11:00, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Bachounda: I just fixed it. The mistake was made by the local team on Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2018/CentralNotice, and also I had not seen it. Romaine (talk) 09:00, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
Central Notice for Georgia
Hi @Romaine:, unfortunately in the previous central notice in the Georgian language was mistaken, I corrected this error and added the correct version on the page central notice, please update the Georgian version of central notice. --Mehman 97 14:23, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Mehman97: Updated - The texts of the CentralNotice depend on what the local team provides me. Romaine (talk) 14:29, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
Structured Data on Commons and Wiki Loves... campaigns: wishes for UploadWizard?
Benefits include multilinguality of Commons files (users can find and describe files on Commons in many languages), and machine-readable data with better APIs, that offer more advanced possibilities to build applications like Monumental.
In the not so far future, you will also be able to organize Wiki Loves... (Monuments, Earth, Africa, Art, Love, ...) campaigns on Wikimedia Commons with structured data. (This is entirely optional, but maybe some of you are already keen to do this, especially if you already have source data for your campaigns in Wikidata!)
In the course of 2019, the SDC development team wants to improve Wikimedia Commons' UploadWizard to support the campaigns that want to be powered by Structured Data 'new style'.
Do you have ideas and wishes for this? The team wants to hear which structured data features you want to see in UploadWizard, and we are now organizing a consultation about this over the next two weeks. This page gives more context, and links to where you can leave feedback. We're collecting this first round of input until April 17, 2019. Many thanks in advance for all your ideas! SandraF (WMF) (talk) 12:14, 4 April 2019 (UTC)