Commons talk:Wiki Loves Earth 2022/Organizers
Volunteers interested in Organizing International Round
Please sign up if you are interested to help with organizing international round of the contest. Please sign up near specific tasks you would like to work on.
Specific project roles and tasks
- Contest page coordinator (setting up the contest page, making updates, monitoring local contest pages to be updated)
- Communications: manage outreach, promotion and social media:
- Creating content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - Fátima Neves
- Creating eye-catching graphics for social media - Nabin K. Sapkota (talk) 14:01, 14 April 2022 (UTC)
- Writing posts for Wikimedia Blog and WLE site --Anastasia Petrova
- Communicating with participants (answering private messages and comments)
- Communicating with winners (about prizes etc)
- Communicating with and helping local organizers NickK (talk)
- Jury recruiter and communicator
- Jury tool manager / developer --Ilya (talk) 18:00, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Statistics / tools --Ilya (talk) 18:00, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- CentralNotice and the UploadWizard infrastructure - Romaine (talk) 11:19, 19 April 2022 (UTC)
- Jury report (design) --Anastasia Petrova
- Digital content creation and social media post and engagement — Preceding unsigned comment added by IrynaYehiazarova (WMUA) (talk • contribs) 04:22, 1 April 2022 (UTC)
Як член Правління ГО «Вікімедіа Україна», відповідальний за напрям збагачення контенту, затверджую склад організаційного комітету проєкту у складі: Ilya, NickK, Romaine, Anastasia Petrova, Nabin K. Sapkota та Fátima Neves. --Mcoffsky (talk) 12:15, 27 June 2022 (UTC)
Remove Russia and Belarus as participating countries
Russia 🇷🇺 and its close ally Belarus 🇧🇾 should be immediately removed as participating countries from this Wiki photo contest. Clearly Wiki has a moral obligation to the global community and may have overlooked their entry as participating countries. Moscow’s invasion and continued deadly military aggression against Ukraine is an atrocity! Actively belligerent countries should not be invited to take part in a peaceful global event, (or in a UN vote).
Moscow has attacked its peaceful neighbor and waged an illegal and immoral war on Ukraine and its people. Such barbaric and terroristic actions along with Russia’s continuing illegal war crimes clearly show that Russia is an actively belligerent war aggressive country killing innocent Ukraine children, women and men—targeting and killing civilians, intent on genocide, denying humanitarian corridors of evacuation, among other war crimes against Ukraine, and yet somehow Moscow should be included in a peaceful global photo contest as though its a ‘normal’ global citizen as it continues to wage its illegal and immoral war against Ukraine. Russia’s war on Ukraine is completely disregarding human rights and the environment—and Moscow’s illegal war is also creating global starvation by threatening and disrupting the global supply chain.
Solidarity for Ukraine, not tacit support of Russia and Belarus for their aggressive deadly illegal war and continuing war crimes. Remove Russia and Belarus from the list of participating countries. 188.8.131.52 02:18, 8 July 2022 (UTC)
- Hello, thanks for reaching out to us!
- The international organizing team had considered this question before the contest, and we had consulted with local communities from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus.
- On Russia, as a result, we agreed that a local contest might take place, but the WLE international team does not promote WLE in Russia, and photos do not qualify for the international stage; thus, participants from Russia would not be eligible for international prizes. This means that a contest is happening only on their local level, without support from the international team.
- On Belarus, we will allow local winners to be submitted to the international round but were a person from Belarus to win an international prize, they would not receive a prize from international organizers. OlesiaLukaniuk (WMUA) (talk) 13:14, 2 August 2022 (UTC)