Original file (SVG file, nominally 1,100 × 825 pixels, file size: 24 KB)
(Real link is en:Wikipedia:Featured_picture_candidates/IsometricFlaw.)
This diagram demonstrates a confusing situation that occurs with Isometric projection pseudo-perspective.
The lines representing each dimension are parallel in an isometric projection view, so objects do not appear larger or smaller as they extend closer to the viewer (as they would in a true perspective view). While this is advantageous for architectural drawings and sprite based video games, it can easily result in situations where depth and altitude are impossible to gauge, as is shown in this diagram.
The blue sphere is two levels above the red one, but this can't be seen locally. If the pier that the blue sphere is on were extended by one square, it would align perfectly with the square the red sphere is on, creating an optical illusion.
This description is from en:Image:IsometricFlaw.png.
|Author||Original image by Algr.
Recreated, fixed isometric projection and vectorised by Icey.
(Reusing this file)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:33, 18 August 2006||1,100 × 825 (24 KB)||Icey||changed picture size slighty, so it fits the wallpaper ratio of 0.75. the main isometric part of the image has not been changed|
|20:22, 16 August 2006||1,100 × 900 (24 KB)||Icey||white background, not transparent|
|20:21, 16 August 2006||1,100 × 900 (24 KB)||Icey||== Summary == This diagram demonstrates a confusing situation that occurs with Isometric projection pseudo-perspective. The lines representing each dimension are parallel in an isometric projection view, so objects do not app|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Wikipedia:Unusual articles
- Isometric projection
- 3D projection
- Axonometric projection
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures thumbs/04
- Wikipedia:Picture of the day/October 2006
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/August-2006
- User talk:Icey/Archive 2
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/IsometricFlaw
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2006-08-28/Features and admins
- Wikipedia:Picture of the day/October 23, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD/October 23, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD column/October 23, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD row/October 23, 2006
- User:Clientele/Portal:News/Selected picture
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/Engineering and technology/Others
- Talk:Isometric illusion
- Talk:HSL and HSV/Archive 5
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikibooks.org
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on lv.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ru.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sv.wikipedia.org
- Usage on uk.wikipedia.org
- Usage on zh.wikipedia.org