File:1919 eclipse negative.jpg
Original file (700 × 899 pixels, file size: 311 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Negative of the 1919 solar eclipse taken from the report of Sir Arthur Eddington on the expedition to verify Einstein's prediction of the bending of light around the sun. For positive version, see Image:1919 eclipse positive.jpg.
|Source||F. W. Dyson, A. S. Eddington, and C. Davidson, "A Determination of the Deflection of Light by the Sun's Gravitational Field, from Observations Made at the Total Eclipse of May 29, 1919" Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Containing Papers of a Mathematical or Physical Character (1920): 291-333, on 332.|
|Author||F. W. Dyson, A. S. Eddington, and C. Davidson|
(Reusing this file)
Public domain in the United States because of age (published before 1923).
This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1924. See this page for further explanation.
This image might not be in the public domain outside of the United States; this especially applies in the countries and areas that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works, such as Canada, Mainland China (not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany, Mexico, and Switzerland. The creator and year of publication are essential information and must be provided. See Wikipedia:Public domain and Wikipedia:Copyrights for more details.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:06, 30 April 2017||700 × 899 (311 KB)||Quibik||cleaner removal of moiré caused by halftoning|
|22:38, 3 November 2009||700 × 899 (312 KB)||Quibik||Image had an artificial wave pattern probably introduced by scanning. Removed this via Fourier analysis.|
|02:35, 10 June 2005||700 × 899 (314 KB)||Fastfission~commonswiki||Negative of the 1919 solar eclipse taken from the report of Sir Arthur Eddington on the expedition to verify Einstein's prediction of the bending of light around the sun. Original caption: :In Plate 1 is given a half-tone reproduction of one of the negt|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ast.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ba.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Euclidean geometry
- Gravitational lens
- List of experiments
- Tests of general relativity
- Portal:History of science/Picture
- User:Mpatel/sandbox/General relativity
- Kappa Tauri
- Portal talk:History of science/Picture
- Portal:History of science/Previous pictures
- Solar eclipse
- Wikipedia:Picture peer review/1919 eclipse negative.jpg
- Portal:History of science/Picture/21
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Skepticism
- Two-body problem in general relativity
- User:Carcharoth/Article incubator/Eddington experiment
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Skepticism/List
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on id.wikipedia.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on km.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ko.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.