Battleofissus333BC-mosaic.jpg (800 × 295 pixels, file size: 63 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Mosaic representing the battle against Alexander the Great and Darius III, perhaps after an earlier Greek painting of Philoxenus of Eretria. This mosaic was found in Pompeii in the House of the Faun and is now in the National Museum of Naples. It is dated first century BC.
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This photographic reproduction is therefore also considered to be in the public domain in the United States. In other jurisdictions, re-use of this content may be restricted; see Reuse of PD-Art photographs for details.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||15:57, 14 December 2004||800 × 295 (63 KB)||Ruthven||Mosaic of Battle of Issus|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on eu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikibooks.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pt.wikipedia.org