Original file (6,409 × 2,744 pixels, file size: 8.83 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
English: Third series $20 Confederate States of America banknote. Uniface. Portrait of Alexander H. Stephens.
Third series (Act of August 19, 1861 amended December 24, 1861), funded by 8% bonds, payable six months after a ratified peace treaty, total authorized circulation $150,000,000. Between 1861–64 there were 72 different types issued with numerous varieties.
|Source||Image by Godot13|
|Author||Keatinge & Ball (Columbia, S.C. ), printers for the Confederate States Department of the Treasury
(Reusing this file)
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of an original two-dimensional work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This digital reproduction has been released under the following licenses:
In many jurisdictions, faithful reproductions of two-dimensional public domain works of art are not copyrightable. The Wikimedia Foundation's position is that these works are not copyrightable in the United States (see Commons:Reuse of PD-Art photographs). In these jurisdictions, this work is actually in the public domain and the requirements of the above license are not compulsory.
This file, either completely or in part, represents a depiction of a unit of currency. Even though this file is in the public domain or otherwise not copyrighted, its use may be restricted by other legal provisions outside of copyright law.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:51, 23 September 2015||6,409 × 2,744 (8.83 MB)||Godot13||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Alexander H. Stephens
- Confederate States dollar
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/Recognized content
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/Quality content
- User talk:Godot13/Archive 4
- User:Godot13/Featured Pictures/Colonial, Continental, and Confederate
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures thumbs/56
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/A complete typeset of the Confederate States dollar banknotes (1861–1864)
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/October-2015
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2015-10-14/Featured content
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/Currency/USA banknotes
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/Single/2015-10-14
- User:Amakuru/POTD 5
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org