This file comes from the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS). These are programs of the National Park Service established for the purpose of documenting historic places. Records consist of measured drawings, archival photographs, and written reports.
This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
Significance: The building was prefabricated in the 1870's in New England, carefully dismantled and stored aboard a ship. It reached Sanford, Florida by barge via the St. John's River, and was transferred by mule cart to its old location on Boston Ave., where it was then bolted together. The house was originally used as a cabinet shop. In May, 1973, the house was moved along with the Bradlee McIntyre house to their present sites in Longwood, Florida.
Survey number: HABS FL-274
Building/structure dates: after 1870 Initial Construction
This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file. The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong.