English: Charon's Boat - or - the Ghosts of "all the Talents" taking their last voyage, - from the Pope's Gallery at Rome / Js. Gillray, fec.
A group of naked British Whig politicians, including three Grenvilles, Sheridan, St. Vincent, Moira, Temple, Erskine, Howick, Petty, Whitbread, Sheridan, Windham,and Tomline, Bishop of Lincoln, crossing the river Styx in a boat named the Broad Bottom Packet. Sidmouth's head emerges from the water next to the boat. The boat's torn sail has inscription "Catholic Emancipation" and the center mast is crowned with the Prince of Wales feathers and motto "Ich Dien". On the far side the shades of Cromwell, Charles Fox and Robespierre wave to them. Overhead, on brooms, are the Three Fates; to the left a three-headed dog. Above the boat three birds soil the boat and politicians.
1 print : etching, hand-colored.
CREATED/PUBLISHED: [London] : H. Humphrey, 1807 July 16]th.
|Source||Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, LC-DIG-ppmsca-05431 (digital file from original print), uncompressed archival TIFF version (46 MB), level color (pick white point), cropped and converted to JPEG (quality level 88) with the GIMP 2.4.5.|
(Reusing this file)
No known restriction on publication.
This image is available from the United States Library of Congress's Prints and Photographs division under the digital ID ppmsca.05431.
This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
You must also include a United States public domain tag to indicate why this work is in the public domain in the United States.
|This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:10, 12 July 2008||4,264 × 3,044 (5.54 MB)||Eubulides||Higher-resolution version from the Library of Congress.|
|21:19, 28 July 2005||1,024 × 729 (298 KB)||Petrusbarbygere||TITLE: Charon's Boat - or - the Ghosts of "all the Talents" taking their last voyage, - from the Pope's Gallery at Rome / Js. Gillray, fec. SUMMARY: A group of naked Whig politicians, including three Grenvilles, Sheridan, St. Vincent, Moira, Temple, Er|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey
- Ministry of All the Talents
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/History/Others
- User:Shoemaker's Holiday
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures thumbs/15
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/January-2009
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Ministry of all the Talents
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2009-01-24/Features and admins
- User talk:Shoemaker's Holiday/Archive 3
- Wikipedia:Picture of the day/October 2009
- Template:POTD protected/2009-10-11
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2009-01-24/SPV
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on no.wikipedia.org