File:Climate Emergency Banner (3621796387).jpg
Original file (1,600 × 1,067 pixels, file size: 523 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
|DescriptionClimate Emergency Banner (3621796387).jpg||
Senator Bob Brown and climate campaigner David Spratt leading the march down Swanston Street, Melbourne.
On June 13, 2009 thousands of people rallied for action on Climate Change. On a cold and bleak Melbourne winter day thousands gathered at the State Library where they heard from Greens Senator Bob Brown and 'Climate Codered' author and climate activist David Spratt, and other speakers. Leaving the State Library, people marched down Swanston Street to the front of the Melbourne Town Hall where the crowd was asked to do a sitdown protest. Inside the Town Hall the Victorian State Conference of the Australian Labor Party was meeting. A woman from Tuvalu spoke on the rising seas threat to her country and other low lying nations. Damien Lawson, National Climate Change Co-ordinator for Friends of the Earth spoke on the need for a campaign of popular civil disobedience if politicians continue taking no action or ineffectual action to rapidly decrease carbon emissions. The march then continued to Treasury Gardens.
See Videos of speeches outside the Town Hall and in the Treasury Gardens at <a href="http://www.engagemedia.org/Members/takver/videos" rel="nofollow">Engagemedia</a> or on my Youtube channel:
* <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwgY9miZAA" rel="nofollow">Climate Emergency: Damien Lawson calls for Civil Disobedience Campaign for action on Climate Change</a>
* <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5mX4zqyGM" rel="nofollow">Climate Emergency: thousands march in Melbourne calling for action</a>
Photo featured on: the Kenneth Cole <a href="http://awearnessblog.com/takver_1/2009/10/" rel="nofollow">Awearness Blog</a>, October 2009Photo featured on: Truthout <a href="http://www.truthout.org/1009099" rel="nofollow">Unions Need to Sever All Ties With Anti-Climate Bill Groups</a>, by: Brendan Smith, Jeremy Brecher and Tim Costello, October 9, 2009
|Source||Climate Emergency Banner|
|Author||Takver from Australia|
|Camera location||37° 48′ 38.76″ S, 144° 57′ 52.09″ E||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap||-37.810767; 144.964470|
- You are free:
- to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to remix – to adapt the work
- Under the following conditions:
- attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- share alike – If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same or compatible license as the original.
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by John Englart (Takver) at https://flickr.com/photos/81043308@N00/3621796387 (archive). It was reviewed on 10 May 2019 by FlickreviewR 2 and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-sa-2.0.|
10 May 2019
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:49, 10 May 2019||1,600 × 1,067 (523 KB)||A1Cafel (talk | contribs)||Transferred from Flickr via #flickr2commons|
You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
There are no pages that use this file.
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ms.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pt.wikipedia.org
This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file. The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong.
|Camera model||Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL|
|Exposure time||1/160 sec (0.00625)|
|ISO speed rating||800|
|Date and time of data generation||14:54, 13 June 2009|
|Lens focal length||33 mm|
|Horizontal resolution||72 dpi|
|Vertical resolution||72 dpi|
|File change date and time||00:41, 14 June 2009|
|Y and C positioning||Co-sited|
|Exposure Program||Normal program|
|Date and time of digitizing||14:54, 13 June 2009|
|Meaning of each component|
|APEX shutter speed||7.3219299316406|
|APEX exposure bias||0|
|Flash||Flash did not fire, compulsory flash suppression|
|Supported Flashpix version||1|
|Focal plane X resolution||3,954.233409611|
|Focal plane Y resolution||3,958.7628865979|
|Focal plane resolution unit||inches|
|Custom image processing||Normal process|
|Exposure mode||Auto exposure|
|White balance||Auto white balance|
|Scene capture type||Standard|