File:Colonial Williamsburg at Night (25412267772).jpg
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Original file (4,232 × 3,386 pixels, file size: 13.67 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
English: From Wikipedia - The Capitol at Williamsburg, Virginia housed the House of Burgesses of the Colony of Virginia from 1705, when the capital was relocated there from Jamestown, until 1779, when the capital was relocated to Richmond. Two capitol buildings served the colony on the same site: the first from 1705 until its destruction by fire in 1747; the second from 1753 to 1779.
The earlier capitol was reconstructed in the early 1930s as part of the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg. The reconstruction has thus lasted longer than the combined total of both original capitol buildings.
|Author||Mobilus In Mobili|
(Reusing this file)
|Camera location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.|
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by Mobilus In Mobili at https://flickr.com/photos/52257493@N00/25412267772. It was reviewed on by FlickreviewR and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-sa-2.0.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:51, 22 March 2017||4,232 × 3,386 (13.67 MB)||Fæ||Mobilus In Mobili, Set 72157650336201389, ID 25412267772, Original title Colonial Williamsburg at Night|
- You cannot overwrite this file.