File:Corpus-Christi College Oxford Coat Of Arms.svg
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Size of this PNG preview of this SVG file: 477 × 600 pixels. Other resolutions: 191 × 240 pixels | 382 × 480 pixels | 611 × 768 pixels | 814 × 1,024 pixels | 1,628 × 2,048 pixels | 524 × 659 pixels.
Original file (SVG file, nominally 524 × 659 pixels, file size: 310 KB)
|DescriptionCorpus-Christi College Oxford Coat Of Arms.svg||
English: Vector graphic coat of arms of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The coat of arms is quite complex, since it incorporates (from left to right) the arms of the See of Winchester, and the arms of the founder Bishop Hugh Oldham, Bishop of Winchester. In heraldic terminology: Tierced per pale: (1) Azure, a pelican with wings endorsed vulning herself, or; (2) argent, thereon an escutcheon charged with the arms of the See of Winchester (i.e. gules, two keys addorsed in bend, the uppermost or, the other argent, a sword interposed between them in bend sinister of the third, pommel and hilt gold; the escutcheon ensigned with a mitre of the last); (3) sable, a chevron or between three owls argent, on a chief of the second as many roses gules, seeded of the second, barbed vert. The "pelican in her piety" is a reference to the college's name: 'Corpus Christi' meaning 'the body of Christ', and the pelican was said to have offered its own blood to its chicks, just as Christ offers his body to his followers in the Eucharist. Because of the complexity of the arms they are not suitable for use on items such as the college crested tie, where the pelican is used instead. The pelican also appears alone on the college flag and on top of the Pelican Sundial.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- You are free:
- to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to remix – to adapt the work
- Under the following conditions:
- attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- share alike – If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same or compatible license as the original.
- ↑ Oxford University Calendar 2001–2002 (2001) p.231. Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-951872-6.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:12, 1 May 2016||524 × 659 (310 KB)||Malinion (talk | contribs)||raster images removed|
|16:30, 22 May 2014||524 × 659 (427 KB)||Aloneinthewild (talk | contribs)||Not own work, upload separately|
|07:06, 11 April 2014||70 × 88 (154 KB)||Governor Jerjerrod (talk | contribs)||official rendering|
|21:54, 21 April 2012||524 × 659 (427 KB)||ChevronTango (talk | contribs)|
You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
The following 3 pages use this file:
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on as.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ban.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Universitat d'Oxford
- The Queen's College (Oxford)
- Christ Church College (Oxford)
- Trinity College (Oxford)
- Saint John's College (Oxford)
- Plantilla:Universitat d'Oxford
- Permanent Private Hall
- Mansfield College (Oxford)
- Pembroke College (Oxford)
- Merton College (Oxford)
- Exeter College (Oxford)
- Somerville College (Oxford)
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- University of Oxford
- Corpus Christi College, Oxford
- Colleges of the University of Oxford
- Oxford University Labour Club
- Wikipedia:Userboxes/Education/United Kingdom/University of Oxford
- List of presidents of the Oxford Union
- Stubbs Society
- Portal:University of Oxford/Selected college
- Portal:University of Oxford/Selected college/5
- Portal:University of Oxford/Nominate/Selected college
- Template:Location map+/testcases
- Template:User oxon corpus
- Category:Wikipedians by alma mater: Corpus Christi College, Oxford
- User:EdwardH/Corpus Christi College, Oxford
- Armorial of British universities
- List of college visitors of the University of Oxford
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on gl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on he.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.
This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file. The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong.