File:De Havilland DH104 Dove 6 ‘G-ALFU’ (39350237935).jpg
c/n 04234. Built 1948. Owned by the Duxford Aviation Society, she is on display suspended in the ‘AirSpace’ hangar at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford Airfield, Cambridgeshire, UK. 26th January 2018
The following history for G-ALFU comes from the Duxford Aviation Society website:-
“‘FU was built as a Dove 4, later being modified to Dove 6 specification with more powerful engines. It spent the whole of its flying career from 1948 to 1972 based at Stansted Airport, and was used by the Civil Aviation Flying Unit for checking airport navigational aids and radio communications, and also for aircrew training. During its long career it flew a total of 10,597 hours. It was donated to the Imperial War Museum and was moved to Duxford in 1973. In February 1984 it was transferred to the DAS.”
|Source||de Havilland DH104 Dove 6 ‘G-ALFU’|
|Author||Alan Wilson from Stilton, Peterborough, Cambs, UK|
|Camera location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.|
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by Hawkeye UK at https://flickr.com/photos/65001151@N03/39350237935. It was reviewed on by FlickreviewR 2 and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-sa-2.0.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:22, 27 February 2018||5,286 × 3,524 (18.61 MB)||Helmy oved||Transferred from Flickr via Flickr2Commons|
- You cannot overwrite this file.