File:EAST ELEVATION WITH GRADUATED MEASURING POLE. VIEW FACING WEST - U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island 5-Inch Antiaircraft Battery, Battery Command Center, Ford Island, Pearl City, HAER HI-85-A-7.tif

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Original file(5,040 × 4,002 pixels, file size: 38.49 MB, MIME type: image/tiff)

Summary[edit]

Title EAST ELEVATION WITH GRADUATED MEASURING POLE. VIEW FACING WEST - U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island 5-Inch Antiaircraft Battery, Battery Command Center, Ford Island, Pearl City, Honolulu County, HI
Depicted place Hawaii; Honolulu County; Pearl City
Date
Dimensions 4 x 5 in.
Photographer

Franzen, David

Related names:

Honolulu District Engineer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Designer
Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
Accession number HAER HI-85-A-7
Credit line
Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) Team.jpg This file comes from the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS). These are programs of the National Park Service established for the purpose of documenting historic places. Records consist of measured drawings, archival photographs, and written reports.

This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.

Notes
  • Significance: This antiaircraft battery command center and its gun emplacements are associated with the hasty construction of nine 5-inch antiaircraft defensive positions in the months after the 7 December 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, when an invasion of Oahu was thought to be imminent. Some of the 5-inch guns and gun directors used in the batteries were salvaged from ships damaged and/or sunk during the attack, possibly including the 5-inch guns of this battery
  • Survey number: HAER HI-85-A
  • Building/structure dates: 1943 Initial Construction
References
US-NationalParkService-ShadedLogo.svg

This is an image of a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is 66000940

Source https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/hi0889.photos.576799p
Permission
(Reusing this file)
Public domain This image or media file contains material based on a work of a National Park Service employee, created as part of that person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, such work is in the public domain in the United States. See the NPS website and NPS copyright policy for more information.
US-NationalParkService-ShadedLogo.svg
Object location21° 23′ 49.99″ N, 157° 58′ 23.99″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earthinfo

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current05:37, 13 July 2014Thumbnail for version as of 05:37, 13 July 20145,040 × 4,002 (38.49 MB) (talk | contribs)GWToolset: Creating mediafile for Fæ. HABS 11 July 2014 (1001:1200)
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata