File:Einstein 1921 by F Schmutzer - restoration.jpg
Albert Einstein during a lecture in Vienna in 1921
|Source/Photographer||http://www.bhm.ch/de/news_04a.cfm?bid=4&jahr=2006 [dead link], archived copy (image)|
(Reusing this file)
Crops and other variants (not of the restoration)
Regarding the origin and copyright status of this image it is a study by the portraitist F. Schmutzer, a member of the Wikipedia:Vienna Secession and its president from 1914 to 1917. Schmutzer did not intend his studies to be published, they were for his own private use. His studies were discovered in 2001 and sold to the Austrian National Library. It follows that this image could not have been published before 2001 and thus not within 70 years of its creation (1921). The image was the subject of a nomination for deletion and the result was a keep.
|The copyright to this Austrian simple photographic picture ("Lichtbild") has expired and it is currently in the public domain in Austria pursuant to the provisions of Article 74(6) of Federal Law BGBI No. 111 of 1936 in the Version of 2003-07-01.
For a simple photograph ("Lichtbild"), such as simple passport photos from Photo booths, photos from satellites, pictures from radiography, it was either published more than 50 years ago or it was taken more than 50 years ago and never published within 50 years of its creation.
Photographs that involve artistic interpretations, such as studio shots and those that involve lighting and poses, qualify as photographic works ("Lichtbildwerke") or "works of literature, music and art" (Eurobike: OGH, Beschluss vom 12.9.2001, 4 Ob 179/01d and Article 60). As such, a 70-year p.m.a. term of protection is applied (see this discussion).
In order to be acceptable on Commons, works must be in the public domain in the United States as well as in their source country. Austrian works are currently in the public domain in the United States if their copyright had expired in Austria on the U.S. date of restoration (January 1, 1996). However, some works might have a subsisting U.S. copyright resulting from the long-standing copyright relations between Austria and the United States.
This image was selected as picture of the day on Bengali Wikipedia.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:07, 28 July 2014||2,523 × 3,313 (2.59 MB)||Adam Cuerden||Upload|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on azb.wikipedia.org
- Usage on az.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bh.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on diq.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Albert Einstein
- History of Germany
- List of Germans
- List of geometers
- Copley Medal
- Culture of Europe
- Einstein–Szilárd letter
- Wormholes in fiction
- History of mathematical notation
- List of organisms named after famous people
- List of scientific publications by Albert Einstein
- Chiba Institute of Technology
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Showcase
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Showcase/FP
- User:Adam Cuerden
- User talk:Adam Cuerden
- List of Jewish Nobel laureates
- User:CCamp2013/People I Admire
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/People/Science and engineering
- Wikipedia:WikiCup/History/2014/Submissions/Adam Cuerden
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Einstein 1921 by F Schmutzer.jpg
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/August-2014
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/October-2014
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/News/November 2014/Articles
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Einstein, hopefully now copyright-problems free
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures thumbs/46
View more global usage of this file.