English: Elizabeth Woodville (1437-1492), Queen Consort of Edward IV of England.
The portrait of her shown here is probably a multiple-generation copy of one taken from life. The College has several versions in differing states. She is shown posed in the high fashion of the day, with strained back hair and a partial veil.
|Current location||Queen's College, Cambridge|
QC portrait 88.Judging by the patterns on the shoulders and cuffs, QC 88 shares a common ancestry with Royal Collection RCIN 404744, but they each differ from Royal Collection RCIN 406785 in ways that the other does not, so it is unlikely that one is a copy of the other. In the necklace brooch, QC 88 has inverted jewel colours, and the centre-piece is set diamond-fashion. It has a full-size chest brooch, and a full set of rings.
|Source/Photographer||Found on http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/aboutElizabethofYork.htm — image taken of one of three original paintings at Windsor; Queen's College, Cambridge; or Ashmolean Museum, Oxford|
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This photographic reproduction is therefore also considered to be in the public domain in the United States. In other jurisdictions, re-use of this content may be restricted; see Reuse of PD-Art photographs for details.
This is a retouched picture, which means that it has been digitally altered from its original version. Modifications: cropped out shadow of lower frame, removed slight noises, and adjusted colour levels. Modifications made by Jappalang.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:12, 17 February 2009||678 × 824 (122 KB)||Jappalang||Removed vestiges of frame (bottom), minor touchup|
|14:30, 5 November 2006||678 × 833 (117 KB)||Stanmar|
|20:07, 1 October 2005||223 × 264 (11 KB)||Cnyborg||Elizabeth Woodville, Queen Consort of Edward IV of England. Woodville, Elizabeth|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ast.wikipedia.org
- Usage on azb.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fa.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on he.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on id.wikipedia.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.