File:Fletcher Jennings 0-4-0T 63 of 1866, Talyllyn Railway No.2 'Dolgoch' Tywyn 9.8.1994 Scans974 (10759291635).jpg
Original file (2,307 × 1,536 pixels, file size: 566 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
"Dolgoch" was built in 1866 by Fletcher, Jennings & Co., but to a very different design to that of "Talyllyn". It is an 0-4-0 tank engine with both a back tank (behind the cab) and a well tank (between the frames). The long wheelbase allows the firebox to sit in front of the rear axle, with Fletcher's Patent inside valve gear driven off the front axle, a particularly inaccessible arrangement. In increasingly decrepit condition "Dolgoch" continued to operate the service single-handedly until 1952 when "Edward Thomas" became available and was then the subject of a prolonged overhaul between 1954 and 1963.
"Dolgoch" returned to service in late 1999 after a major overhaul involving firebox repairs and an extensive mechanical overhaul; as part of the overhaul it has been fitted with air braking equipment, the last steam loco to be so fitted. It is  temporarily running in Crimson Lake livery for one year only prior to its ten-yearly boiler examination.
|Source||Fletcher Jennings 0-4-0T 63 of 1866, Talyllyn Railway No.2 'Dolgoch' Tywyn 9.8.1994 Scans974|
|Author||Gillett's Crossing from Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Camera location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.|
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by Gillett's Crossing at https://www.flickr.com/photos/83763404@N07/10759291635. It was reviewed on by FlickreviewR and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-2.0.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||21:41, 3 April 2014||2,307 × 1,536 (566 KB)||Ultra7||Transferred from Flickr|
- You cannot overwrite this file.