Original file (862 × 587 pixels, file size: 313 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Note: While mostly-obsolete, the original negative has a small amount of content on the left-hand side that appears to have been left out of all prints of the photograph I can find floating around. This gives this image some value, and it should definitely not be deleted.
This file has been superseded by File:East and West Shaking hands at the laying of last rail Union Pacific Railroad - Restoration.jpg. It is recommended to use the other file. Please note that deleting superseded images requires consent.
|Andrew J. Russell: English: "227 (plate number) East and West Shaking Hands at Laying Last Rail."|
English: "227 (plate number) East and West Shaking Hands at Laying Last Rail."
10 May 1869
|Notes||Cropped and gamma corrected, temporary file for FPC.|
|Public domainPublic domainfalse|
This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1925, and if not then due to lack of notice or renewal. See this page for further explanation.
This image might not be in the public domain outside of the United States; this especially applies in the countries and areas that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works, such as Canada, Mainland China (not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany, Mexico, and Switzerland. The creator and year of publication are essential information and must be provided. See Wikipedia:Public domain and Wikipedia:Copyrights for more details.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:19, 14 May 2006||862 × 587 (313 KB)||Cave cattum||"227 (plate number) East and West Shaking Hands at Laying Last Rail." Wet plate photograph by Andrew J. Russell. The original glass negative is in the archives of the American Geographical Society of New York (the white streaks radiating fromt he extreme|
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on dv.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Trains
- User talk:TomStar81/Archive 1
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/GoldenSpikev3.jpg
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/December-2005
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2005-12-12/Features and admins
- Portal:History/Featured picture/February, 2006
- Wikipedia:Picture of the day/March 2006
- Wikipedia:Picture of the day/March 18, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD/March 18, 2006
- Wikipedia:Today's second feature/March 18, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD row/March 18, 2006
- Wikipedia:POTD column/March 18, 2006
- Portal:Utah/Featured content
- Portal:Utah/Selected picture
- Portal:Utah/Selected picture/8
- User talk:Jersey Devil/Archive 5
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Utah/Archive 2
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/Recognized content
- Wikipedia talk:Valued picture candidates/Archive 3
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/Quality content
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/delist/2015
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/delist/Golden Spike
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Trains/Featured content
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fa.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ko.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on no.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pt.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sco.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.