Original file (1,092 × 1,437 pixels, file size: 364 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Howard Hughes "standing in front of his new Boeing Army Pursuit Plane" (Boeing 100A) in Inglewood, California in the 1940s.
The black "halo" is presumably intended to make the head stand out better. (Not uncommon at the time for photos intended to be reproduced via low resolution newsprint wire photos)
|Public domainPublic domainfalse|
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1926 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. For further explanation, see Commons:Hirtle chart as well as a detailed definition of "publication" for public art. Note that it may still be copyrighted in jurisdictions that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works (depending on the date of the author's death), such as Canada (50 p.m.a.), Mainland China (50 p.m.a., not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 p.m.a.), Mexico (100 p.m.a.), Switzerland (70 p.m.a.), and other countries with individual treaties.
A thumbnail of this image was originally uploaded to the English Wikipedia by w:User:Infrogmation.
Technical note: avoid modifying this image, which was lossily compressed. Instead, start with the TIFF original.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||08:44, 31 May 2005||1,092 × 1,437 (364 KB)||Dbenbenn||cropped original TIFF at 1092x1437+66+51, and converted to JPEG at quality 95|
|08:39, 31 May 2005||1,224 × 1,536 (417 KB)||Dbenbenn||from http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/cph/3b10000/3b10000/3b10900/3b10948u.tif, converted to JPG with quality 95|
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on af.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Howard Hughes
- Rice University
- Science and technology in the United States
- Business magnate
- List of Congressional Gold Medal recipients
- $pringfield (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)
- User:Howard the Duck/About
- Portal:Texas/Selected Biography
- Portal:Aviation/Selected biography
- Portal:Texas/Selected Biography/1
- Portal:Aviation/Selected biography/2
- Portal:Biography/Selected anniversaries/December 24
- User:Western John
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Usage on en.wikiquote.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on gl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on he.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.