English: Used for the Wikibook http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Development_Cooperation_Handbook/Goal_1:_Eradicate_extreme_poverty_and_hunger
-- The World has enough food for all but millions of people still suffer from hunger. Development Cooperation Handbook/MDGs The MDG1 aims at removing the factors responsible for poverty. Most developing countries have good rates of economic growth; but the gap between the rich and the poor is widening. The proportion of people living on less than $1 a day has decreased but 925 million people still suffer from chronic hunger. One in every four children in the developing world is still underweight. In the world, 25% people still live on less than 1.25 dollars a day. There are countries like Liberia and Sierra Leone where high percentages of the population live in misery.
The impact of poverty is the hardest on the most vulnerable groups of the poorest segments of the population. - children, women and disabled. Children who are malnourished when they reach their second birthday could suffer permanent physical and cognitive damage.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||15:58, 5 January 2013||35 s, 854 × 480 (1.04 MB)||Rahulkepapa||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Development Cooperation Handbook/The video resources linked to this handbook/Episode 1 - MDG 1 - Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Employment as a Right
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Millennium Village Project
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Los derechos de la hospitalidad para las personas sin hogar
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Villas Del Sol - Barrio Rafael Uribe Uribe