Each year, millions of children die due to lack of hygiene and exclusion from health services.
The number of children dying in the poorest countries of the world is nearly 50 times higher than those dying in developed countries. In a world that has so many resources and means, to allow such massacre to take place is unacceptable.
The MDG 4 aims at lowering child mortality rates. This means to expand care services and address all child health determinants.
In the world now, majority of the children get vaccinated and indeed the child mortality rates are falling but in sub-Saharan Africa, one in seven children still do not live to see their fifth birthday.There are still countries like Sierra Leone where governments are unable to provide free primary health services and where the presence of international non-government medical organisations is indispensable for saving lives.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:19, 7 January 2013||50 s, 720 × 404 (1.72 MB)||Rahulkepapa||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Goal 4: Reduce child mortality
- Development Cooperation Handbook/The video resources linked to this handbook/Episode 4 - MDG 4 Reduce child mortality
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Emergency Surgical Hospital
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Moving Hopes
- Category:Book:Development Cooperation Handbook/MDG4
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/A contagious joy transmitting health to children
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|WebM 360P||304 kbps|
|Completed 14:20, 7 January 2013||29 s|
|WebM 240P||257 kbps|
|Completed 07:29, 22 February 2017||18 s|
|WebM 160P||208 kbps|
|Completed 21:14, 22 February 2017||18 s|