Each year, hundreds of thousands of women die of childbirth in developing regions. The number of women dying of childbirth in the poorest countries is 200 times higher than those dying in developed countries.
The MDG 5 is about reducing maternal mortality rates through greater access to reproductive health services, reducing adolescent birth rates and promoting the use of contraceptives.
The inability of some governments to provide free basic medical services not only impacts the health and mortality of its citizens but also their wealth since they have to spend much of their money on health.The target set for this goal was to reduce the annual maternal mortality by 5.5.%. Due to insufficient funds for actions taken to achieve this goal, the current decline in the annual mortality rates is less than even 1%.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:22, 7 January 2013||36 s, 720 × 404 (1.19 MB)||Rahulkepapa||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Goal 5: Improve maternal health
- Development Cooperation Handbook/The video resources linked to this handbook/Episode 5 - MDG 5: Improve maternal health
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Mothers Preparing Mothers
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Learning to share learning
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Counselling Centres for Women
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Community at Work
- Category:Book:Development Cooperation Handbook/MDG5
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|WebM 360P||279 kbps|
|Completed 14:26, 7 January 2013||19 s|
|WebM 240P||227 kbps|
|Completed 07:29, 22 February 2017||15 s|
|WebM 160P||189 kbps|
|Completed 21:14, 22 February 2017||12 s|