In developing countries many people die each year of preventable diseases.
Thousands of people every day become infected with HIV and die from AIDS.
The MDG 6 intends increasing access to treatment and stopping the spread of AIDS and diseases like tuberculosis and malaria.
Thanks to improvements in prevention programmes and increased access to treatment, the number of newly infected people and those who die from AIDS has started declining.
Higher survival rates also implies that more people today are living with HIV, most of them being in sub-Saharan Africa.
And Malaria, one of the biggest killers in Africa, kills one African child every 30 seconds while it is virtually absent from Europe and the Middle East.Programmes for HIV/ AIDS prevention have now started showing results. For instance, India had the largest number of deaths from AIDS. Thanks to the efforts of governments and non-government organizations, HIV incidence in India has declined in recent years.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:25, 7 January 2013||56 s, 720 × 404 (1.99 MB)||Rahulkepapa||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Development Cooperation Handbook/The video resources linked to this handbook/Episode 6 - MDG 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Learning to share learning
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Living with Dignity
- Category:Book:Development Cooperation Handbook/MDG6
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Youth Peer to Peer Education Network on HIV/AIDS Prevention
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|WebM 360P||325 kbps|
|Completed 14:26, 7 January 2013||29 s|
|WebM 240P||255 kbps|
|Completed 07:29, 22 February 2017||26 s|
|WebM 160P||205 kbps|
|Completed 21:14, 22 February 2017||18 s|